Head Shake Gone

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duezzer

Reaction score
Redwood Meadows,Alberta - SW of Calgary on Hwy 22
Well Hello Everyone

Had new rubber installed last week

Had 14,200 kms on my BT020's

Had a bad head shake around the 70 to 80 KM/h that had been getting worse as the front tire cupped more

Put on new tires BT021's

No more head shake :yahoo:

I always keep my tire pressure at around 40 to 41 psi

Tires are ballance

Any ways to stop cupping of the front tire?

Later

The BT021 is well know around these parts to be a tire that likes to cupp. Just a matter of time (miles)................

Try another brand your next time.

+1, sorry buddy, but your gonna be crying again in a few thousand miles. 14k! damm, your gonna have them BTs on there a long time too. def go with another brand next time, I love my Dunlop Road Smarts

many a story to be told...

the 021 will not cup to the extent the 020 did and decel wobble is minimal right up to the end.

Different roads??? different riding style??? Easier on front brake??? different sus. settings???

dat's my story....... (I have not tried Roadsmarts or P.R.2's yet so I'm not suggesting 021's are in their category)

Thanks for the input

I didn't think the 021 could be as bad as the 020

The 020 shake was bad but still got good miles out of it and seemed to handle fine for my calliber of riding.

My riding style did lead to alot of cupping so if the new tire stands up better - Yea for me

May let everyone know how the tire turns out.

But then again may not.

Happy Trails

Thanks for the input
I didn't think the 021 could be as bad as the 020

The 020 shake was bad but still got good miles out of it and seemed to handle fine for my calliber of riding.

My riding style did lead to alot of cupping so if the new tire stands up better - Yea for me

May let everyone know how the tire turns out.

But then again may not.

Happy Trails
I like the 20s get around 10,000 miles per set just installed new set.