Headset cable - where to end it?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrunDog

Reaction score
Yo peeps,

When I first got my Autocomm, I put it in my tankbag. After a while, I realized it wasn't in the best place considering theft, occasion to ride without the tankbag, loss of usable space due to wires, etc.

I have since moved it to under the passenger seat. But now, I am not sure where to have the cable terminate. The cable should terminate where I can plug in my headset cable and reach comfortable, but be out of the way in case I do not want to use it. Right now, I have it dangling out of the side cover below the tank.

Anybody willing to tell me where they put theirs? Any pics you could also post up would be fab-u-lous. Thanks!

Someday, I'll go Bluetooth, but it ain't ready for primetime, IMO, despite good offerings from JM and Sierra.

-BD

Mine pop out right between the front and rear seats. I tied them off so that they can only come out a few inches too. Works great for me.

Mine also comes out between the rider & pillion seat on the right side (I'm right handed).

It only comes out an inch or so.

Cable from helmet is also short, only a couple inches.

I have the extension which allows use of ear buds, its kinda bulky but I attached velcro to it and it hooks to the front of my 'Stich suit.

Once I get on I can reach down and plug it in behind my right hip. Quick, easy and out of the way.

Same place as above.

Only on the left side.

If I forget to hook it back up after a gas stop I can do it while rolling. If it's on the right side I can't do it because of the throttle.

I have mine just long enough to have some slack but not long enough to reach the exhaust when stopped.

Drape the cord over your left shoulder down your back and you'll forget it's there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have mine both tied to the left side peg hanger using black, UV resistant tie wraps. I use the coileds and a straight cords together to connect yo to the headsets.

One handed connect - disconnect . . .

DSC04656.jpg