Heated gear for me and the wife

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C Graham

Reaction score
Am looking at the tour master gloves and jacket for me and jacket and pants for the wife.

Only other thing plugged in will be 2 iPhones.

Have an 08 if that matters.

This to much of a drain?

Anyone have good or bad things to say about the tour master lineup of heated gear?

Anyone have good or bad things to say about the tour master lineup of heated gear?
I've got the Tourmaster liner (not vest) and gloves. I've never been able to leave the power on low for more than a few minutes. That thing will ROAST you. I haven't tried the gloves out with the heat on yet so I can't comment on that. But the way the power wire is routed out under the jacket sleeve, over the gauntlet and the plugged into the outside of the glove is not very well thought out.With any luck at all, it'll be a good long while before I need try the gloves out.

I have the tourmaster heated gear and I love it. I also have a xl 90 watt jacket I used one time and had to get a large instead . I'll sell it to ya chep if ya want 100 bucks free shipping

Can't comment specifically on the Tourmaster heated gear, although I've had good experience with other Tourmaster products.

As for the current draw, the GenII ('06+) FJR has more than enough output to do what you're proposing. There's a couple of hundred (or more) watts of extra capacity, and according to https://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/catalog/To...arts-sp-42.html you should be inside of that margin.

If you have a heat control on the electric gear you can dial them up from nothing to full toasty, and the power draw will vary accordingly. If you're really worried, you can always install a small digital voltmeter to monitor things.

Hope this helps!

Griff