• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Helmet Lock Brackets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Scott,

Thanks for the brackets, they look great, and I can't wait to get it all set up.

Thanks again for going above, and beyond in the "customer service" department!

It was a pleasure to deal with you!

Mike

For the month of September 2010 ONLY, I'm offering free shipping for all helmet lock brackets (inside the continental US).

Please e-mail me direct at: [email protected] for further information/pic/options/prices/etc.

PLEASE mention in the header, FJR helmet lock brackets AND THE YEAR BIKE (as Gen I's are different than the Gen II's).

All orders MUST BE POST MARKED BY SEPTEMBER, 201O.

Thanks, Scott

Has anyone come up with a solution for helmets without a D ring to lock into your brackets?

Has anyone come up with a solution for helmets without a D ring to lock into your brackets?

I just got off the phone with the "Helmet Shop" (1-800-630-6434), located in Florida. The only helmet that he's aware of WITHOUT THE "D" rings are the Nolans.

He stated that you can slip an helmet strap extension (see below link) thru the strap coming off the helmet (he said there's room for the extension to go thru, but not pull out once in) giving you a way to secure it to the Helmet Gaurdian... If anyone can confirm this, it'd be appreciated...

I don't have a Nolan and cannot confirm this however this company's been around for quite awhile (and I have purchased helmets from them).

https://www.helmetshop.com/product/19930/HE...LOCK-EXTENSION/

Hope this helps.

Scott

I just got off the phone with the "Helmet Shop" (1-800-630-6434), located in Florida. The only helmet that he's aware of WITHOUT THE "D" rings are the Nolans.

He stated that you can slip an helmet strap extension (see below link) thru the strap coming off the helmet (he said there's room for the extension to go thru, but not pull out once in) giving you a way to secure it to the Helmet Gaurdian... If anyone can confirm this, it'd be appreciated...

I don't have a Nolan and cannot confirm this however this company's been around for quite awhile (and I have purchased helmets from them).

https://www.helmetshop.com/product/19930/HE...LOCK-EXTENSION/

Hope this helps.

Scott
Thanks Scott. Yes the Nolan and the Schuberth both do not have D ring and if I would have thought of it before my purchase I would have got a different helmet. I will check out their store and if it is something I need to buy I will buy it.

For the month of September 2010 ONLY, I'm offering free shipping for all helmet lock brackets (inside the continental US).
Please e-mail me direct at: [email protected] for further information/pic/options/prices/etc.

PLEASE mention in the header, FJR helmet lock brackets AND THE YEAR BIKE (as Gen I's are different than the Gen II's).

All orders MUST BE POST MARKED BY SEPTEMBER, 201O.

Thanks, Scott
Shipping outside the US, there is a small fee for customs..

Scott,

I saw your post here (even though its from 2007).

I am interested in the helmet lock for my FJR (I have a 2008 model). Do you still have them available? Will it fit just the one side? What is the current cost?

Thanks

Below picture is that of a Helmet Gaurdian lock assembly and bracket bolted to a 2006 model... Different style mount, same general area, right side only.. The mounting bolt is now an allen head, stainless steel bolt with a stainless steel locking nut. Not visable is clear 3M material on the inside of the bracket to prevent marring to the frame. This bracket is also made of aluminum... No modifications to the bike, easy install.. Again for further information, please e-mail me direct at [email protected].. Thanks, Scott

Pic5FJR.jpg

Scott,
I saw your post here (even though its from 2007).

I am interested in the helmet lock for my FJR (I have a 2008 model). Do you still have them available? Will it fit just the one side? What is the current cost?

Thanks

Below picture is that of a Helmet Gaurdian lock assembly and bracket bolted to a 2006 model... Different style mount, same general area, right side only.. The mounting bolt is now an allen head, stainless steel bolt with a stainless steel locking nut. Not visable is clear 3M material on the inside of the bracket to prevent marring to the frame. This bracket is also made of aluminum... No modifications to the bike, easy install.. Again for further information, please e-mail me direct at [email protected].. Thanks, Scott

Pic5FJR.jpg

Just sent you direct to your e-mail address and yes, they are still available. Both sides for the Gen II are available with different options for BMW style electical outlets...

Below is a left side bracket without outlets:

Gen2nooutlet.jpg

Below is a left side bracket with the lock and the optional, 2 BMW style outlets.

Gen2LS.jpg

Left side with a full face helmet secured

LSwhelmet.jpg

Sorry, it's internet lingo...lazily posting to subscribe to the thread. I'm interested in the lock as well. Do these work on a Gen 1?
Oh, ok, never heard that one, but yes, the Gen I's are still available.

Its a different style and bolts slightly forward of the Gen II due to changes in body work, etc. Below are pic's of a Gen I:

right side:

GenIRS.jpg

left side:

Geni.jpg

left side with optional electrical outlet

GenIWoutlet.jpg

There is NOT ONE for the right side with an electrical outlet. All pic's were taken on my 04 (although I have a custom double oulet on the left side of mine...)

As posted earlier, please e-mail me direct for prices/options, etc at : [email protected] . Please mention FJR AND THE YEAR in the header.. Thanks, Scott

Thanks Scott - ordered and received quickly...

Just got the helmet locks today - i'll be mounting them shortly....

appreciate the great service and it was great chatting with you...

Patrick

For the month of February,2011, I'm offering FREE SHIPPING on all orders inside the US.

Please e-mail me direct at: [email protected] for pic's, pricing etc. Please include the year bike and mention Yamaha FJR in the header. All orders must be post marked February.

Thanks, Scott

PLEASE include the year of the bike along with FJR (as I make helmet lock brackets for certain BMW's, Ducati's). All orders must be post marked by the end of February 2011..

Thanks, Scott

Free shipping ends Monday, February 28, 2011. All orders MUST BE BE POST MARKED BY THE for FREE SHIPPING. This offer will not be repeated for at least 6 months...

Thanks again and safe riding..

Scott

Just an FYI, Cycle Gadgets has closed operations however I did find, (among some others) this company carries the "Helmet Guardian" : https://www.premiercycleaccessories.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=helmet+guardian&Search.x=12&Search.y=11

I tried to pin down getting a lock assembly with the correct key configuration that matches the FJR upon request but didn't get very far...

Also, this is the link Harald made showing how to re-key the Helmet Guardian: https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=28363&hl=guardian

Scott