Hi friends tripletango update (its been a while!)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tripletango

Reaction score
Hi all of my old riding friends. Been without a sport tourer for a few months. Got this multi a couple of weeks ago, having ordered it in November. Sound familiar? Couple of thousand miles on it now and it is living up to the reviews. Hope to see you out there somewhere some time.

Richard

www.cangrejalriverlodge.com

P1050741.jpg

P1050743.jpg

P1050742.jpg

P1050745.jpg

P1050744.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You daaawwwwgggg!!!

You know there's a bunch of us salivating to have the new Duc as our second bike.

Good to hear from you. Glad you haven't been swallowed up by some Congo militia grapevine python movement thing.

The only reason we haven't seen you in a while, is because YOU haven't been around. Pick something and rendezvous.

Grumpy and I will buy your first two beverages.

Hi all of my old riding friends. Been without a sport tourer for a few months. Got this multi a couple of weeks ago, having ordered it in November. Sound familiar? Couple of thousand miles on it now and it is living up to the reviews. Hope to see you out there somewhere some time.Richard

Hi Richard, great to hear from you.

Very nice new ride....does it come with extended warranty? :rolleyes: As long as it's not from Yamaha!

Your old AE is doing quite well so far; I'm about 2k from having to check the valves (24k), and it's barely into summer here yet.

Cheers!

Looks beautiful.....maybe great for picnics, too! Just take off the heat shield in between the exhaust exit and the front of the right saddlebag, and PRESTO! Throw some potatoes, onions, peppers, carrots, beef or pork roast, seasoning, and olive oil in the saddlebag. Cook about 65 or 70 miles of twisties between 5,000 and 8,000 RPM, and voila! Beautiful meal ready to eat at a secluded park or scenic overlook! Good looking AND versatile! :dribble: :lol:

Thank you very much Richard, for posting up pictures of your beautiful Ducati! I can't wait until Christmastime to be posting up pics of my white Multistrada S Touring Model. Ducs Rule! Keep us posted!

Last edited by a moderator:
Richard, you haven't had to have any buxom church ladies pick that up for you in the parking lot yet have you? :lol:

You daaawwwwgggg!!!You know there's a bunch of us salivating to have the new Duc as our second bike.

Good to hear from you. Glad you haven't been swallowed up by some Congo militia grapevine python movement thing.

The only reason we haven't seen you in a while, is because YOU haven't been around. Pick something and rendezvous.

Indeed we will! So were are we meeting?

jim

You daaawwwwgggg!!!You know there's a bunch of us salivating to have the new Duc as our second bike.

Indeed we will! So were are we meeting?

jim
I am in Charlotte now. My daughter is letting me watch the world cup at her place!

I am off back to TX tomorrow and back down to Honduras on Tuesday. Had a little problem with the rear tire. Losing about 5 lbs a day and no obvious leak so am having a new one installed tomorrow morning. I would like to head up into the Mountains and take the northern route back to TX. So could run by your place Grumpy. Haulinashe we could meet up and we could go up together? I could head on back to TX but need to be back there on Sunday.

Hi all of my old riding friends. Been without a sport tourer for a few months. Got this multi a couple of weeks ago, having ordered it in November. Sound familiar? Couple of thousand miles on it now and it is living up to the reviews. Hope to see you out there somewhere some time.Richard

Hi Richard, great to hear from you.

Very nice new ride....does it come with extended warranty? :rolleyes: As long as it's not from Yamaha!

Your old AE is doing quite well so far; I'm about 2k from having to check the valves (24k), and it's barely into summer here yet.

Cheers!
Hi Chris glad to hear the bike is doing fine!

Richard, you haven't had to have any buxom church ladies pick that up for you in the parking lot yet have you? :lol:
Hi Axe it is one tall sucker this 1200 but it is much lighter so no buxom old ladies needed yet. I wanted to forget about that!

Looks beautiful.....maybe great for picnics, too! Just take off the heat shield in between the exhaust exit and the front of the right saddlebag, and PRESTO! Throw some potatoes, onions, peppers, carrots, beef or pork roast, seasoning, and olive oil in the saddlebag. Cook about 65 or 70 miles of twisties between 5,000 and 8,000 RPM, and voila! Beautiful meal ready to eat at a secluded park or scenic overlook! Good looking AND versatile! :dribble: :lol:
Nothing like a good hot meal!

Richard, don't trust those two.. couple of drinks and the next things you know, Jeff and Grumpy will be outside doing wheelies with your bike.
Hard to wheelie this bike, the traction control keeps the front wheel within 6 inches of the tarmac. Never had the front up yet! I think you can turn it off in sport mode but haven't figured that out yet!

Thank you very much Richard, for posting up pictures of your beautiful Ducati! I can't wait until Christmastime to be posting up pics of my white Multistrada S Touring Model. Ducs Rule! Keep us posted!
You will find it a much cooler ride in the high temperature climes! I like that having ridden through several 100 degree days recently.

Okay...

1) I hate you!!! Just want to make that public and all. I mean, "Oh, I'm going to take a northern route (with my new Ducati) through the mountains on MY WAY BACK TO TEXAS."

2) Ducati envy has to be way worse than penis envy. At least I have two FJRs. :)

So what day would you plan to pass through NC? I'm still bound by that four-letter word you know... W O R K !

Wish I had know sooner you were headed up this way. Getting ready for the old folks home and can't ride the next several days.

jim

Latest posts