Hi Way Pegs Finished

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
let us know if you decide to make more to sell. i get on it in the twisties all the time, but i wouldn't mind having a set of these during the highway runs getting to the twisties.

thx.

Edited to add: Jay, don't be such a smartass. I wasn't talking about them being folded up. I am speaking of toodling along, going through a mild sweeper & scraping the hell out of these while they are folded down in cruising form. Did you make note of the length of these?... but I do agree about the picture.
I think the all important design element is to ensure the pivot point is as close as possible to bike, so there is no protruding hard point to catch on the roadway and lever your tires from same. Scootman's design will certainly touch down in the corners, but it should be self correcting, so as a safety concern it looks like a non-issue.

I've got a pair of Wild Bill's plates mounting Kuryakyn foot-pegs that extend out about 8 inches. If I leave them down in the twisties, they scrape and lift up out of the way - leaving me with a "maximum lean angle" gage. Also gives a nice bevel to them. :)

Well I guess the consensus is you all don't like my pegs, oh well, they work for what I need them for.
Thanks for the feedback.....
==============

Hey now.......... those pegs look great!! if they stay up in the tight twisties..... I may get a set.

maybe a little curve at the end to keep your foot from slipping off????

Don't let all the nay slayers bust your nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

You got a good Idea ......... B)

B.

Hey hey....so far they are staying up just fine. I have not assaulted any twisties yet, but soon. They are held by 25 lbs of magnetic force. I have 35 force magnets if I need a little more.

Once they are fully road tested, I will report back with results. As to making more sets, I am 5'7" and I made a set that was 2.5 inches longer (see thread). If someone is 5'10" or better, they might be the right length for someone. Beyond that, we will see what kind of pricing I can get. If someone out here has the capability to make them, I would certainly entertain working with them so the 'gang' could benefit.

Thanks again all, both good and bad feedback is how you get things right....

Well I guess the consensus is you all don't like my pegs, oh well, they work for what I need them for.
Thanks for the feedback.....
==============

Hey now.......... those pegs look great!! if they stay up in the tight twisties..... I may get a set.

maybe a little curve at the end to keep your foot from slipping off????

Don't let all the nay slayers bust your nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

You got a good Idea ......... B)

B.
To keep my foot from sliding off, I have some anti skid material (that sticky back sandpaper stuff you find on boat steps). I cut a few small circles and they have a lot of traction to keep my foot on them. I will have to take some better pictures and post them up.....

good looking work - and they are in a good location for max comfort.

i have the wild bills - well built too but they sit a bit lower on the FJR than yours do.

i think you could be selling these no problemo!

good looking work - and they are in a good location for max comfort.
i have the wild bills - well built too but they sit a bit lower on the FJR than yours do.

i think you could be selling these no problemo!
Boy, the Wild Bills mount to the engine, not sure that is a good idea....I would worry about dropping the bike and eating the case it is connected to. I think mine will allow the plastic to be somewhat protected but I don't think the engine case would suffer.

That would certainly be my choice.....

Latest posts