Holiday Drinking and Driving .....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MEM

Reaction score
Drinking and driving: something to consider with the holiday season in full swing

With the Holidays approaching we will all be busy celebrating with friends and family.

I would like to share an experience with you all about drinking and driving.

As you well know, some of us have been known to have had brushes with the authorities

on our way home from the odd social session over the years. A couple of nights ago,

I was out for a few drinks with some friends and had a few too many glasses of beer and

some rather nice scotch. Knowing full well I may have been slightly over the limit, I did

something I've never done before - I took a bus home.

I arrived home safely and without incident, which was a real surprise, as I have

never driven a bus before and am not sure where I got that one.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

But all joking aside, it's good advice to follow. And be careful out there, others may not be taking the bus home.

Last edited by a moderator:
I arrived home safely and without incident, which was a real surprise, as I have

never driven a bus before and am not sure where I got that one.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'll have to admit I did not see that one coming...

Short-Bus.gif

Was this your bus ME?

Mi Querida Maria Elena, since you have obviously already hit the Chardonnay and the Scotch: Papa Chuy was just a little concerned when you double posted.

But then Papa Chuy soon realized it is indeed now "Happy Hour" - "Feliz Ahora" in Freddy Beach, Nuevo Brunswicka, CA! Fiesta, Arriba, Baile!!! Mas Fiesta!!!

Was this your bus ME?

It's always Happy Hour here in freaking snowy Freddy Beach, baby :drinks:

I'm headed out to my Kiwanis Club of Fredericton Christmas Party in another hour. (any other Kiwanians out there? :rolleyes: )

I've fixed my double post and pleading innocence about how that happened. (Forum glitch :blink: )

I don't unnerstand why everyone waits till the holidays to drink and drive.. You should practice year round so yer good at it by then. :lol:

Now don't nobody get up in arms This is just a joke

I don't unnerstand why everyone waits till the holidays to drink and drive.. You should practice year round so yer good at it by then. :lol:

Now don't nobody get up in arms This is just a joke
That's why I don't go out on New Years Eve. It's Amateur Night :crazy:
In the 70's living in Berlin, the only drivers out past 8 on New Years were drunks or Taxi Drivers, and half of them were drunk. ;)

I'm headed out to my Kiwanis Club of Fredericton Christmas Party in another hour.
Have fun...maybe you should take the bus home :lol:
No need. It was 2 blocks away so I could crawl jog home.

And, since it's 8:45 pm now, you can guess what kind of party it was :blink:

Although.... I DID manage to wear a singing, dancing Santa hat and stuff wrapping paper into my heretofore sexy top :p

Hey! You know what they say about nurses..... "If you can't get a date, get a nurse" ;)

I'm headed out to my Kiwanis Club of Fredericton Christmas Party in another hour.
Have fun...maybe you should take the bus home :lol:
No need. It was 2 blocks away so I could crawl jog home.

And, since it's 8:45 pm now, you can guess what kind of party it was :blink:

Although.... I DID manage to wear a singing, dancing Santa hat and stuff wrapping paper into my heretofore sexy top :p

Hey! You know what they say about nurses..... "If you can't get a date, get a nurse" ;)
As Silver Penguin would say: This post is worthless without pictures!