Horrible Motorcycle Crash Last Weekend on the 101.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
Reaction score
From Brian Boles of AZ Beemers and Cyclerides.com - https://www.azfamily.com/news/DPS-Motorcycle-rider-killed-by-wrong-way-driver-on-Loop-101-167510045.html https://www.azfamily.com/home/Wrong-way-Loop-101-driver-facing-second-degree-murder-charge-167754605.html

**You might have heard about the horrible crash involving a couple of motorcycles on the 101 last weekend. There have been far too many reports of motorcycle accidents lately. Please ride safe. Apparently a woman high on 10 drugs was going Westbound in the Eastbound HOV lane of the 101 and collided with a couple of motorcycles killing one of the riders. His name is Scott Benson. He was the father of 2 young boys who are still trying to come to grips with what has happened to their father. Scott had just started a new job and insurance didn’t kick in until September 1st. Click Here for the TV3 report on this accident. https://www.azcentral.com/community/phoenix/articles/20120828woman-arrested-fatal-accident-involving-motorcyclist.html

Family & Friends of Scott Benson have established a donation account to help pay for funeral costs for a loving father and a great friend who passed away this weekend. To anyone who can contribute, please visit any local Wells Fargo branch to make a donation. Thank you for your support and prayers.

Fund Name: Scott Benson Memorial Fund

Fund Account#: 7348142071

Last edited by a moderator:
Don, do you know if there is either a Paypal or mailing address that folks can send in a donation that way? So sad... :(
Ty Honey, there is an AZB Dinner Ride tomorrow night to Chalo's Restaurant in Globe, AZ; I will ask that question there, then get you an answer ASAP!

Very sad story... what a loss for the kids and the family.
https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/azcentral/obituary.aspx?n=scott-allen-benson&pid=159526621&fhid=6715#fbLoggedOut Obituary of Scott Allen Benson. Watched the Murdering A-Hole on TV last night at her arraignment complaining to the Judge her bail was set way too high, she tested positive for ten assorted drugs in her system at the time she mowed down the motorcyclists going the wrong way on the freeway!

"Court documents show that Carol Ann Sacca, 59, said she took morphine, Soma, Doxepin, Trazodone, Protonix, Singuliar, Amitiza, Lasix, Spironolactone and Cyproheptadine."

This one is just really unbelievable, this one really gets to me.

Basically, as motorcyclists, what can you possibly do if someone is going the wrong way, especially in the HOV lane? I mean if you're coming around a corner and you don't see them with any notice at all, and they're speeding towards you at 70 as you speed towards them?

Not knowing exactly where it happened (for me), there's no telling that maybe the rider could have reacted but didn't. But it's easy to see where he *may* not have had any time...

None the Less... My feeling, honestly and bluntly, Give this woman 2 days, to live, then put her against a wall, call out the firing squad and blow her brains out. Why on Gods Green Earth should we waste tax payer money on Court Costs? Jail time? or anything else?

Shoot the Biatch immediately, aim for the head. If her excuse is "I made a mistake"... the answer is "We're gonna make sure you don't do it again..."

Basically, as motorcyclists, what can you possibly do if someone is going the wrong way, especially in the HOV lane? I mean if you're coming around a corner and you don't see them with any notice at all, and they're speeding towards you at 70 as you speed towards them?

Not knowing exactly where it happened (for me), there's no telling that maybe the rider could have reacted but didn't. But it's easy to see where he *may* not have had any time...

None the Less... My feeling, honestly and bluntly, Give this woman 2 days, to live, then put her against a wall, call out the firing squad and blow her brains out. Why on Gods Green Earth should we waste tax payer money on Court Costs? Jail time? or anything else?

Shoot the Biatch immediately, aim for the head. If her excuse is "I made a mistake"... the answer is "We're gonna make sure you don't do it again..."
+1, Gunny; my feelings exactly azitlies, being Irish I would start with her kneecaps and work up to the head shot!

+1, Gunny; my feelings exactly azitlies, being Irish I would start with her kneecaps and work up to the head shot!
Yeah. With a 22 so she lives long enough to feel it all!

To Tyler and Others who wish to contribute to the Scott Benson Memorial Fund, AZB found out the following info regarding mailing in donations to help Scott's two young sons now without a Father:

Scott and his wife Stacey:
63443003.jpg

I asked about mailing in donations. Wells F. doesn't have a official procedure for this, however they will accept checks mailed into their branches.

Make the check out to - "Scott Benson Memorial Fund" and put a note in with the check with the account number, and the name of the fund and your request to deposit it into the account.

You can mail that to any Wells F. branch, mine happens to be -

Wells Fargo Bank

Attn: Scott Benson Memorial Fund

1960 W. Ray Rd. Suite #7

Chandler, AZ 85224

Thank you, Don... it won't ease the pain of their loss but I hope it gives them strength to know that they are not alone and many care, whether they know them or not.

To Tyler and Others who wish to contribute to the Scott Benson Memorial Fund, AZB found out the following info regarding mailing in donations to help Scott's two young sons now without a Father:

Scott and his wife Stacey:
63443003.jpg

I asked about mailing in donations.  Wells F. doesn't have a official procedure for this, however they will accept checks mailed into their branches.

Make the check out to - "Scott Benson Memorial Fund"  and put a note in with the check with the account number, and the name of the fund and your request to deposit it into the account.

You can mail that to any Wells F. branch, mine happens to be -

Wells Fargo Bank

Attn: Scott Benson Memorial Fund

1960 W. Ray Rd.  Suite #7

Chandler, AZ 85224

Every time I get on my bike I try to remind my self to watch out for the "other guy". Over the years I cannot think of how many times some dumbass almost took me out when I was on two wheels. Sorry to here that!