Hose vs Pipe

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragonchef

Reaction score
So I am dutifully preparing to replace the fuel and vacuum hoses on the '07 (ok, a year late accoriding to the book).

Looking at the parts fiche, there are hoses, and then there are pipes. are hoses rubber and pipes metal? I only want to do this once...

To quote something from the Beatles: Let it be. There is roughly a 0.01% likelihood that the hoses need replacing. Unless you have been doing something really odd with chemicals or temperature.

Last edited by a moderator:
Step away from the bike..........if it ain't broke don't fix it....

by the way Skooter will be alone soon to tell you his bike had 224,000 miles on it and he never changed a hose or a pipe.

R

No response on the difference between hose and pipe?

Layin' some pipe .....

Layin' some hose <<< sounds plural but its only one. :)

Jose :)

So I am dutifully preparing to replace the fuel and vacuum hoses on the '07 (ok, a year late accoriding to the book).

Looking at the parts fiche, there are hoses, and then there are pipes. are hoses rubber and pipes metal? I only want to do this once...
Which book would that be? I have mine shop serviced, they definitely follow "the book" plus some and I don't believe they've ever replaced anything like that

OK...got it....THANK-YOU.

I'll delete that line off of the spread sheet. those red OVERDUE indicators bother me

No response on the difference between hose and pipe?

Layin' some pipe .....

Layin' some hose <<< sounds plural but its only one. :)

Jose :)
Where'd I put my crack hose? :lol:

Can't recall a factory maintenance task to replace vacuum lines. Only brake "hoses" and no one actually believes it's necessary.