Hostage of Photobucket

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The plans aren't available at the PB website. Yet. I'm optimistic, being a non-computer geek I never did get several of the other hosting sites to work for me. I just simply quit posting pics on sites that wouldn't do it, like this one.

My account is still "restricted".

Even if they do open it back up, they've lost me for good. Screw me once, shame on them.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Lessee of this works. It's telling me the cheapest 3rd party hosting option is $59.99/month. I'll have to call...

NC%202014-2.jpg

They need to have a third party hosting option based upon bandwidth! Storage is cheaper than bandwidth. People like me who post a few dozen picture per year on relatively obscure website forums don't put much demand on their resources. Someone who writes a popular blog, does news stories, run eBay stores etc. cost them a lot more. (I figure that $1.99/year should cover the amount of traffic I use) Until I get popular on the Internet, I'm not buying any sort of expensive photo hosting service. If decent free options go away, people will simply have to do without my photographic contributions! (Alas, fame is elusive!)

RossKean posted: <snip> People like me who post a few dozen picture per year on relatively obscure website forums don't put much demand on their resources.
You calling FJRForum obscure?
coolsmiley02.gif

Hey AJ - that's a fine picture!!!
Thanks Pants. I really like those pictures. Don't have any friends that are really into cameras, so the Dragon pics are about as hi-tech as I can get.

Gunny! Great picture of the best look year of the FJR!
I love this dumb bike. I've always thought it's the best color, but the 2012 and 2016 blue really tempted me. I really like the new matt blue also. I feel like I want a new bike until I get on this one. Its smooth and fast and set up how I want. It does everything I need, and its paid for. One of these days, I'm gonna add a CC, and it'll be perfect!

Thanks Pants. I really like those pictures. Don't have any friends that are really into cameras, so the Dragon pics are about as hi-tech as I can get.

I love this dumb bike. I've always thought it's the best color, but the 2012 and 2016 blue really tempted me. I really like the new matt blue also. I feel like I want a new bike until I get on this one. Its smooth and fast and set up how I want. It does everything I need, and its paid for. One of these days, I'm gonna add a CC, and it'll be perfect!
You sound like we were separated at birth
rolleyes.gif
. Every time I get on some straight & flat, I think, "man! I could really use a CC sometimes."

"Hey AJ - that's a fine picture!!!

Thanks Pants. I really like those pictures. Don't have any friends that are really into cameras, so the Dragon pics are about as hi-tech as I can get."

Well sir, we shall have to remedy that soon. I'm no Miss Tyler, but I know the difference between a view finder and a butt hole!!

Well. Well. Well.
Photobucket finally woke up to realise they had stuffed up big time.

Photobucket Introduces New Management Team and Pricing Plan to Address Diverse Customer Needs and Re-establish Customer Trust

You can read the entire article here:

https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2018/05/17/1508498/0/en/Photobucket-Introduces-New-Management-Team-and-Pricing-Plan-to-Address-Diverse-Customer-Needs-and-Re-establish-Customer-Trust.html]https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2018/05/17/1508498/0/en/Photobucket-Introduces-New-Management-Team-and-Pricing-Plan-to-Address-Diverse-Customer-Needs-and-Re-establish-Customer-Trust.html[/url]

But these two points (in bold) are the most relevant bits to us mere mortals...

Photobucket is now offering a new, competitive subscription package with an ad-free experience, storage and third-party image hosting for just $1.99 per month (or $19.99 per year) - which is 95% less than their previous image hosting plan. A free subscription option is still available to customers who do not require third-party image hosting.

As of today, all hosted images that Photobuckets customers had lost access to last year have been restored.

Image already added
So, after these conversations and not being able to locate the $1.99/month option, I contacted PB. The response was the $1.99/month was a limited time offer and I had missed it. The price is now $2.99/month or $29.99/year. I asked if they could extend the $20/year offer, explaining that even though I'm getting PB emails, that offer never came to me. Said they couldn't do that because it was past the deadline, but offered me $5 off the $29.99 subscription. Meh, what the heck, $25 is cheap, and $30/year won't break the bank.
So, PB and I are back on speaking terms I guess. As long as the price stays reasonable, I think I'll keep using them. FWIW, they're claiming they have a "new management team," whatever that means. I wonder if they fired the idiot that came up with the $399/year basic plan that pissed everyone off. God knows I would have.

That $30.00/year plan only includes a maximum of 400 photos. Probably enough for my various forum activities but I still probably won't bother with it. I will stick to the free options like Flickr, postimage.org or Google Photos (at least until they disappear). https://s1382.photobucket.com/plans/
I thought the same thing- the 2gb for the $30 plan ain't much. It certainly isn't enough to accommodate the pics I have there already, about 25gb now I think.

I dont think so. There seems to be a lot of confusion in the changes of management strategy. At each just wait and see how things are when the dust settles

For what its worth, Im paying less than $20 per year for about 35GB of image storage, of which Im about 35% full

.... so everybody send your photos to Fred W and he'll post 'em in his Photobucket account.
coolsmiley02.gif

I dont think so. There seems to be a lot of confusion in the changes of management strategy. At each just wait and see how things are when the dust settles
For what its worth, Im paying less than $20 per year for about 35GB of image storage, of which Im about 35% full
I have to see their terms for this. The link says 2 GB (~400 photos) for $30 or 20 GB for $70. It wouldn't take long to use that up! Fred, you lucked in with the deal you have - is it in writing?

Ahh, come on AJ. I gots a kamera! :whistle: