"Hot Grips" with ThrottleMeister.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrWizard

Reaction score
I''ve finally decided to bite the bullet and install some heated hand grips to my '06 A. Even with insulated gloves, at mid 20's degree days my fingers are freezing! :cold:

I've decided on "Hot Grips": CLICKY as the most economical grip and they have very good reviews.

I also use and like my ThrottleMeister.

They don't recommend the use of ThrottleMeister or "friction" type of throttle locks due to expansion and contraction of the grips when in use.

My question is, has anyone used these with a ThrottleMeister? and did you have any problems with it?

Sorry if this is covered on another thread but I searched "heated grips" and couldn't find any info. that could answer my question.

I appreciate any help I can get regarding this.

Thanks,

Rob

I used a ThrottleMeister with factory heated grips on a BMW R 1100 RT for several years without any major issues.

The grips did swell a little when turned on and caused the throttle to be slower to return to the closed position when released. This seemed to be an issue only when the grips were in the "High" heat setting.

I could probably have adjusted the ThrottleMeister to compensate for this but chose to assist the throttle return spring with a little wrist action.

I have an 07 FJR on order and plan on installing heated grips and a ThrottleMeister.

Phil

I used a ThrottleMeister with factory heated grips on a BMW R 1100 RT for several years without any major issues.
The grips did swell a little when turned on and caused the throttle to be slower to return to the closed position when released. This seemed to be an issue only when the grips were in the "High" heat setting.

I could probably have adjusted the ThrottleMeister to compensate for this but chose to assist the throttle return spring with a little wrist action.

I have an 07 FJR on order and plan on installing heated grips and a ThrottleMeister.

Phil
Thanks Phil,

I think I will give it a shot, if the ThrottleMeister doesn't work with them, then I'll have to install another type cruise control. Maybe a good excuse to move up to the AudioVox.

Rob

Phil
Thanks Phil,

I think I will give it a shot, if the ThrottleMeister doesn't work with them, then I'll have to install another type cruise control. Maybe a good excuse to move up to the AudioVox.

Rob
Heated grips affect the TM on all the bikes I have combined them on. Basically you need to tweak the TM a little to stop it from binding when the grips are hot. Not difficult

Heated grips affect the TM on all the bikes I have combined them on. Basically you need to tweak the TM a little to stop it from binding when the grips are hot. Not difficult

Thanks TT,

I expect the grips to arrive next Wedensday and then the TM tweaking begins.

Rob