Hot wire to tail light....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokeFJR06

Reaction score
I'm challenged when it comes to reading wiring diagrams, or at least the one for our FJR's, and there's a reason why my nickname is Smoke! :blink: So, with that said, I need to know which wire is continuously hot that goes to the tail light. I know it's not yellow for that's the brake light. That leaves: Brown, Blue, Black, or Green?

Thanks for helping the electrically challenged.

Smoke

Blue.

I just hooked up a admore lighting kit for my givi last night and blue was running, yellow was brake, black is ground, green is right turn, brown is left turn.

Blue.I just hooked up a admore lighting kit for my givi last night and blue was running, yellow was brake, black is ground, green is right turn, brown is left turn.
Awesome, thanks!

I'm hooking up a mess of wiring for my J&M system.

Blue.I just hooked up a admore lighting kit for my givi last night and blue was running, yellow was brake, black is ground, green is right turn, brown is left turn.
Do you know if this circuit would be adequate to power a Gerbing heated jacket liner? Have been thinking of the easiest place to connect the plug and this may be it.

Thanks.

Do you know if this circuit would be adequate to power a Gerbing heated jacket liner? Have been thinking of the easiest place to connect the plug and this may be it.Thanks.
NO absolutely not. It's rated for tail and plate lights, that's about 1.5 amps, definitely not the extra 6 amps or so of a heated jacket.

If the fuse doesn't blow, you risk letting the smoke out of the wires, which will stop it working :nono: . Electrics only work if you keep the smoke in :nyam: .

Do you know if this circuit would be adequate to power a Gerbing heated jacket liner? Have been thinking of the easiest place to connect the plug and this may be it.Thanks.
NO absolutely not. It's rated for tail and plate lights, that's about 1.5 amps, definitely not the extra 6 amps or so of a heated jacket.

If the fuse doesn't blow, you risk letting the smoke out of the wires, which will stop it working :nono: . Electrics only work if you keep the smoke in :nyam: .
Thanks. Saved me a lot of greif it sounds like. Another example of good info available on this board.