Rostra Wiring

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneWound

Reaction score
So, I'm trying to wire up my rostra cruise control unit and I'm hitting some minor road blocks.  I'll try to list them below, and in addition, if a verification of my wiring "diagram" could be done, it would be highly appreciated.  This on a 2006 FJR1300A

1. So wiring to the 1st coil pack, everything says to wire to the orange wire on terminal 2.  When I look at my ECU, however, there's an orange wire coming off terminal 1, with a grey with red stripe on terminal 2.
  2. Where does the yellow w/ green (First color listed is primary color, correct) run? I'm going to assume its in that loom that runs to the tail light?
  3. Do people typically hook up the red wire from the "module" unit that turns on/off the CC?
  4. Non rostra question.  Is the license plate light housed within the same cable assembly that goes to the rear light?
My Crappy Wiring Diagram

the coil is the orange wire at the ecu...or the grey (not grey/red) at the coil..If memory serves you need a relay for the brake circuit...On my 07 I just hooked it up so the system is always hot...

This might help

So is it safe to assume that my wiring diagram for my bike is somehow inaccurate (since orange is supposed to be terminal 2, but someone mine is on terminal 1)?

And for switched power, I plan on getting it from a fuse relay block (from my understanding, I need switched power from something)

As an update.. I now understand that the grey/red & orange do the same function (why I didn't read that on the schematic sooner I'm not sure).  As a more general question than, why does schematic not match what's actually wired on the ECU?  Different assembly operators(or one of first FJRs produced in 2006)? I've found one other case of people having the grey/red & orange swapped from looking online.