How many tickets?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many performance awards have you gotten since you've owned the FJR?

• Zero (I'm a veritable angel on the road)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-3 (Eh, I occasionally get a little carried away)

• 4-6 (I should either slow down or pay more attention)

• 7-10 (I can't believe I still have a license)

• 11 or more (Iggy is my "lawyer" and none of 'em stuck, so who cares)

• Total voters
I guess I'm not trying hard enough :rolleyes: .

Last bike ticket that I can remember was in 1986, in British Columbia, from a Canadian Mountie. Damn metric speed limit signs.

Is it considered a performance award if you were speeding and got pulled over, but got a ticket for crossing the double white lines of a car pool lane several times? :lol:

Riding at the speed limit ( or close to it ) one-mile heading into a town, through the town, and one- mile out of town has served me well in the primarily rural areas where I do most of my riding - no tickets.

0 Tickets on bikes. Only had the FJR for a couple months & 600 miles.

Popped up over a hill a few weeks ago , a smokey had his radar gun out , I looked and had it nailed at 65 MPH , in a 55 zone.. He started walking to the edge of the road , figured I was had , he pointed right pass me and pulled over the HD that I had passed a mile back ...

Coming home today ,, nice sunny day ,, behind some old guy doing 35-40 ,, he turns off ,, I kick it up to a 100 ,, should have known better because there's a patrol post 2 miles down the road,, drop it back to 75+ ,( 55 zone).. Then I see the Smokey coming towards me ,,, I figure,, Screwed !! But he didn't flip on me,,,

God must protect the ignorant ... or motorcycles really are invisible... :rolleyes:

God must protect the ignorant ... or motorcycles really are invisible... :rolleyes:
God also punishes the stupid, and black motorcycles might be invisible but Black Cherry ones are not.

I have proof for both.

:(

Man! I just looked at this poll again for the first time in a few days and... I am SO in the minority. Pity party please!

:( :angry: :unsure: <_<

None yet, just luck. Car is a dif story. I drive like an Angel in the car, but get tickets. I never drive the speed limit on the FJR and never been stopped.

It seems that I get my achievement award about once every three years. Just often enough to keep my insurance rates up. I have been cited on each of my vehicles EXCEPT the FJR (cars included). Getting popped on my Norton a few years ago was sad, I kept trying to talk him out of it saying "its so old and slow, I couldn't have been going 80", even though I know I was. He ended up writing me for 74 in a 55 just to avoid the summons thing. Cops don't like going to court either.

Zero, but one close call for rolling through a stop sign. The officer, who was very nice and let me go with a verbal warning, asked "How are you doin' today?" when he approached. I answered, "I was doing much better two minutes ago." He laughed, knew that I knew I rolled through, & could see that we were loaded for camping and not much of a threat to the public peace.

As soon as I fire up the Feej, the magnetic field starts sucking blue lights toward me, with Niehart bringing up the rear. :)
I think I found the problem Jeff, it's who your riding with. Have you ever got a ticket with Scab and I? Need I say more!

Not really sure how we haven't? The speed limit on the Cherohala Skyway is 110 right?

JW
He never got a ticket with me either.

jim