How much is gas where you live?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$2.05 at Sams in Yuba City. CALIFORNIA
punk.gif
punk.gif
punk.gif
punk.gif
punk.gif
punk.gif
punk.gif
punk.gif

How about those gas prices?
yahoo.gif
I have seen it $2.79 a gallon just down the hill from here.
Never thought I would see sub $ 3.50 in California but this is just in time for a up coming big cage road trip.

What are you paying?
Just thought I'd quote the first post because, who'd have guessed $3.50 was once a thrill?

OK - this is the part that absolutely drives me bonkers!

This week, the wholesale price of fuel for the Gulf Coast went up $0.04 or about 4%. edit - 2% (my math is better than that - bad Pants). The price of crude oil went up about $5 bucks, or 12%. Noteworthy is the FACT that in both cases, this cost rise is for March futures. Commodities at these prices cannot possibly be seen at the pump today or this month, for that matter. All of this is expected as refineries scale back or shut down to tool up for switching to summer blend formulas. For this year, by all rights, that is translated mostly into the natural increased cost of the summer blend (I have no idea why), and is most assuredly NOT related to any temporary shortage of supply.

However, at least in my home town, in the past 4 DAYS, the price at the pump went up $0.27, or 16 friggin percent!!!!!!! Under the strongest decline in oil prices in decades, it still takes 6 weeks for the retail price to drop $0.27, and only 4 days to negate that?

I am well aware of the principles of economics. Supply and demand has some place in the discussion of fuel prices. But there is NO way that S/D has anything to do with what happened this week. And it PISSES ME OFF!!!!!!

It's gulltony and over-reaction from the media (Mods - I promise that's as close as I'm going to get to political on this post)

This is like Mad Max and the Road Warrior!

(sigh)

Last edited by a moderator:
Pants, Pants, Pants....you know prices always rise faster than they fall.

We go through the same bs where I live. Our prices are 20-35 cents more per gallon because we live in the mountains?? Give me a break we are 25 straight miles farther to truck the fuel than where the cheap prices are. Bastages!!!!

Back up to a whopping $2.06. We had gone down as low as 1.91 then overnight, as pants ranted above, poof! 2.06. Next day poof! 2.15. Yesterday back to 2.06. Bitch if you want pants but still it's so mucho gooder than I was paying 6 months ago to fill my pickup's 38 gallon gas tank. Over the past 2 weeks I hauled/trailered nearly 6 tons of wood so the gas mileage ain't so pretty these days. I'm still rejoicing, even at 2.06. Plus adding on the grocery store's discount ($.05 per $100 spent) or the gas station club discount ($.03/gal) I'm still way betterer than last yr.

One thing to keep in mind with these "great" gas prices is that any business you have in the oil sector is getting killed.

Up here in Canada, the oil biz in Alberta has dropped enough that 10s of thousands will be out of work and there is a negative effect on the economy of Canada.

This has an effect on the CDN/US dollar exchange and we are paying more for imports from the US.

Sooooo..the net gain for these lower gas prices may not be a good as it looks at first glance.

I can't be sympathetic to complaints of "high gas prices" at the $3.xx/gal I saw last summer in the US.

Our "low" price now in Toronto is .95/L which is about $3.50/gal in USD.

And don't even get the Europeans started on gas price
rolleyes.gif

Sam's club and Costco went over $2 today, with 2.04 at Sam's. Other stations nearby vary from 2.15 to 2.29 all for regular of course.

One thing to keep in mind with these "great" gas prices is that any business you have in the oil sector is getting killed.Up here in Canada, the oil biz in Alberta has dropped enough that 10s of thousands will be out of work and there is a negative effect on the economy of Canada.

This has an effect on the CDN/US dollar exchange and we are paying more for imports from the US.

Sooooo..the net gain for these lower gas prices may not be a good as it looks at first glance.

I can't be sympathetic to complaints of "high gas prices" at the $3.xx/gal I saw last summer in the US.

Our "low" price now in Toronto is .95/L which is about $3.50/gal in USD.

And don't even get the Europeans started on gas price
rolleyes.gif
That price difference is mostly taxes, not the cost of the fuel. Don't whine about that. It is your own faults as citizens of those countries and the tax structures that you allow/condone.

$1.99 yesterday on I-22 near Jasper, Alabama -- on the way back from Muscle Shoals.

ok here's a theory, gas is going up faster than a 18 year olds dick on Friday night in the back seat of a car, with the power of social media..........we have the power, stop buying gas for the month of march at chevron. Nationwide,buy gas somewhere else.theres lots of places. What do you think chevron is goanna do. Shit there pants and lower prices like its going out od business. The month of April no Arco,may no Shell.

get my point.

remember no Chevron in march

share this with the nation,lets fight back !

It's $2.19 for regular at Shell, how can you bitch about that when it was over double that last year?