HT Air Overpants

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IGoSlow

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Did a little searching and need some additional info.

I would like to commute ( about 75-90 minutes ) but have a professional business

dress code. Have to wear dress slacks ( no Dockers ).

My question is can I get by with HT Air Overpants and not look like I slept in

my clothes with a long commute?

Any feedback appreciated.

In the IL climate you might be able to use overpants. I just ordered the Fieldsheer Mesh in silver. Will see how they do next week.

You and I share much of the same challenges with commuting and dress codes. Although I can and do typically wear Dockers. But even Dockers don't take to 90F and most overpants.

I just bought a pair of HT airs and don't have too many miles on them, but I can tell you this, get at least one size larger if you are going to use them over dress clothes. I had planned on them to be over shorts or something light and with the liner in they are perfect for that, but snug for anything else.

Humourous answer (if you already own the pants);

Put on your slacks and your HTs.

Walk to the fridge, get a beer, then walk to the couch and watch TV for 90 minutes (get another beer as required).

After 90 minutes walk to the bathroom.

Stand in front of the mirror and take off your HTs.

Look at your dress pants and smile.

Serious answer;

Can you not change clothes at work?

In the IL climate you might be able to use overpants. I just ordered the Fieldsheer Mesh in silver. Will see how they do next week.You and I share much of the same challenges with commuting and dress codes. Although I can and do typically wear Dockers. But even Dockers don't take to 90F and most overpants.
Easy answer is to wear your underwear under the overpants and take the pants to work and put them on after you get there.

I wear HT Overpants to commute, and every where else that I ride. I have a more casual dress code at work but my clothes look fine when I get there. No different than they would look if I sat in my car for the commute. I guess the difference would be during a humid day when you would use the A/C in the car.

I wear HT overpants for my commute for about 8 months of the year. They perform well. I've never had a situation where they've caused wrinkling of the clothing under. I'm in northern New York and it never gets really humid here, though.

Humourous answer (if you already own the pants);Put on your slacks and your HTs.

Walk to the fridge, get a beer, then walk to the couch and watch TV for 90 minutes (get another beer as required).

After 90 minutes walk to the bathroom.

Stand in front of the mirror and take off your HTs.

Look at your dress pants and smile.

Serious answer;

Can you not change clothes at work?
Thanks for the feedback guys.

This is a great idea. I can sometimes miss the forest for the trees :rolleyes:

I will order a pair, try at home, and return if not a workable solution.

Changing at work is also a possibiity just my second choice.

Well Grumpy, changing at work would work, IF it was acceptable. But sometimes I show up at a client's place of business and am expected to walk in the door "looking professional". Now you all know me and can only guess how difficult that is, without adding the extra layer of ride gear. Pardon the pun!

:dribble:

I have them, and although I can wear dockers they would be fine. Not much more wrinkled than sitting in your car for 75-90min.

I also have the HT's. I've experienced some wrinkling. How can you not? It has never been a problem when it's happened due to a relaxed dress code at work. I suppose w/ humidity it would be worse than without, too.

When ordering, order the size that you'd normally wear. These are meant to be overpants & they are sized accordingly. I ordered my normal pant size & I wear these pants with & w/o the liner, over pants (& sometimes pants + thermals) and they fit fine either way.

I'd be afraid that ordering the next size up would be a disasterous fit. Although, if you're in between sizes I may go for the larger size... but otherwise I wouldn't. I am wondering if sprint_st may be close to the next size up.

I've even worn my HT's over just a pair of shorts in the summer.

2 words.......permanent press. :rolleyes:

Now for the serious answer. I never saw any bad wrinkling. There's always a little bit with ANY overpants you choose, but I only noticed minimal wrinkling.

I have the HT's and the HT Air pants.

I have the HT Overpants and the HT Air Overpants. Both are 36's which is the same size pants I wear. I like the fit, and my personal opinion is that you don't need to buy one size up. I usually wear permanent press slacks underneath - rarely Dockers. I really like both overpants, with the non-air version being better for colder days. I generally wear the Air version at anything over 70 degrees.

Don

I have the HT Overpants and the HT Air Overpants. Both are 36's which is the same size pants I wear. I like the fit, and my personal opinion is that you don't need to buy one size up. I usually wear permanent press slacks underneath - rarely Dockers. I really like both overpants, with the non-air version being better for colder days. I generally wear the Air version at anything over 70 degrees.
Don

I agree. I wear the same size HT Air Overpants that I wear in trousers, and the fit is perfect.

bkbennett Posted Today, 02:20 PM I agree. I wear the same size HT Air Overpants that I wear in trousers, and the fit is perfect.
+1.........I commute to work and use the HT 2.0 Air overpant, order the same size you normally wear as they are cut to fit so you can wear over your normal pants. No wrinkle problems with me......least not yet......hopefully I can hold the wrinkles off for a few more years!

try www.newenoughleathers.com They usually have great pricesand the stuff is new, not new enough, go figure.

try www.newenoughleathers.com They usually have great pricesand the stuff is new, not new enough, go figure.
They started the business as a place to sell used leathers. In fact, even after they added new/closeout stuff to their line, they carried used leathers and boots for quite a while. I don't remember when that stuff disappeared from the web site.

Great service. They're one of the first places I look for equipment. I really like the extra photos and brief write-ups they supply.