Hwy Pegs!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some more pix, the bag covers are from Sargent and they are not in production, don't know why, I love them. Sliders are from, T-Rex on ebay $22.
fjr8-15mods018.jpg
fjr8-15mods004.jpg
fjr8-15mods002.jpg
fjr8-15mods001.jpg

Its hard to tell from the pics, But I am wondering which peg with hit the ground first in a tight turn. I can very easily drag my factory pegs. Those highway pegs look llike they will find the pavement pretty quickly. Just wondering if anyone has checked this yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Its hard to tell from the pics, But I am wondering which peg with hit the ground first in a tight turn. I can very easily drag my factory pegs. Those highway pegs look llike they will find the pavement pretty quickly. Just wondering if anyone has checked this yet?
yea me too :rolleyes:

I would think as along as they swing up easily there shouldn't be a problem.

My Hyway pegs are kinda cheap and even the wind will blow them up so grinding the pavement hasn't occured.

I do like the rubber on these pegs to help grip the sole.

They will both hit the ground but the foot pegs will hit first at least in my set up

PM member "keithaba" and ask him what he thinks about the wild bill highway pegs. Look at at what he posted about 2 or 3 weeks back concerning highway pegs and cornering.

PM member "keithaba" and ask him what he thinks about the wild bill highway pegs. Look at at what he posted about 2 or 3 weeks back concerning highway pegs and cornering.
That's no lie. I'm surprised he (or someone) hasn't mentioned this sooner. I'm not sure, but it looks like these pegs are mounted even lower than Keith's were, so, be careful, man. I don't routinely drag pegs, but I would be very leery of going low on turns with these things on board- folded up or not.

Swingman Sends

I lined up all the bikes but I just wanted to point out the hwy pegs. I have a 29 to 30 " inseam the fit great. I can't wait to ride long distance. The are a lot $85 for what you get but the fitment is great. Thanks to our forum member for the powder coat. Looks great.
duc1098done016.jpg
duc1098done014.jpg
Where did you get the covers for your bags?

looks like you had a great time. Been a few years since i was up that way. Have to plan a trip soon.
Had a great time! Monday was a perfect day too, less traffic and great weather conditions.

Also visited the Wheels Through Time museum in Maggie Valley, cool stuff in there and a Harley lovers dream.

a pic on the way back that I like to call "two power houses" :rolleyes:

Latest posts