I am sick - I have an affliction

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That thing sure is ugly, bags or no bags. :lol:

But I would have bought it in an instant if I had seen it first for that price. I, too, am interested in a 'spare' Gen 1 for the day when my unwashed but loved '05 needs to be put out to pasture.

That thing sure is ugly, bags or no bags. :lol:

But I would have bought it in an instant if I had seen it first for that price. I, too, am interested in a 'spare' Gen 1 for the day when my unwashed but loved '05 needs to be put out to pasture.
People always talking abouut replacing their FJR when it 'wears out.'

Worst thing I've ever heard of is the occasional Gen1 ticker issue or the guy who had an open line that bypassed his air box resulting in scored cylinder walls and low compression.

I don't think these bikes wear out. Just don't crash it :D

Congrats Skoot,

Hmmmm....

Lets see ..... taking the miles you rode on your 1st one (D.W) and times the number

of FJRs in your garage now, subtract their current mileage......

You should be good for another haif million miles !!!

.... Or in your case- A few years. :lol:

Congrats dude.

Keep it up and your garage is gonna end up looking like your bastard step pappy's. Along with the 3 FJRs, don't you have a GS tucked away in there too?

Congrats dude.

Keep it up and your garage is gonna end up looking like your bastard step pappy's. Along with the 3 FJRs, don't you have a GS tucked away in there too?
+1, Gunny; Great Score SkootyG, you got a smoking hot deal. I love the paint job, but I'm crazy for wild paint jobs. I even like Brodie's bike, I'm nuts for two tone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats dude.

+1, Gunny; Great Score SkootyG, you got a smoking hot deal. I love the paint job, but I'm crazy for wild paint jobs. I even like Brodie's bike. I'm bat-shit crazy and I want to touch Bust's nuts.
Fixed that for you Burro boy.

Congrats dude.

+1, Gunny; Great Score SkootyG, you got a smoking hot deal. I love the paint job, but I'm crazy for wild paint jobs. I even like Brodie's bike. I'm bat-shit crazy and I want to touch Bust's nuts.
:D :D :D

You southwestern boys need to ride bikes more, animals less.

Congrats dude.

:D :D :D

You southwestern boys need to ride bikes more, animals less.
Thanks for fixing that HotRodZilla, I want to touch Bust's nuts with a Taser!!!

aaahhhh, so this affliction is different from the one you needed all those antibiotics for?

:blink:

Congrat's Greg! I kinda like the paint but agree that the bags need some attention. Looks like a nice, scratch free set of Holeshots came with the deal. I'm assuming you'll keep those if you decide to sell. Have fun!

I really don't need three FJRS. Really. This one might not be here for a very long time. Maybe it will. Maybe I'll sell it to some poor sap out in Missouri who has owned three FJRs in the past, several BMWs, KTMs, and is currently on his 2nd Goldwing and me thinks yearns for a sportier ride. We'll see.
Sorry Skoot I have had 5 FJR's not 3...

04 non abs (Crashed in Arkansas)

04 With ABS

05 non

05 With ABS

06 ABS

Can I do a fly and buy???

Smitty from Hooterville...

I really don't need three FJRS. Really. This one might not be here for a very long time. Maybe it will. Maybe I'll sell it to some poor sap out in Missouri who has owned three FJRs in the past, several BMWs, KTMs, and is currently on his 2nd Goldwing and me thinks yearns for a sportier ride. We'll see.

04 With ABS

05 non

05 With ABS

06 ABS

For crying out loud! You're worse than I am!

Of course you can do a Fly-N-Ride! I'm waiting.........

04 With ABS

05 non

05 With ABS

06 ABS

For crying out loud! You're worse than I am!

Of course you can do a Fly-N-Ride! I'm waiting.........
So Smitty, can you get the deed done by Friday noontime...I really wanna do that pre-ride down to Bixby. Which bike should I look for??? :lol: :lol:

I got a disease too, and the only cure is "MORE COWBELL"

more-cowbell-300x224.jpg

Skoot is lucky, really - he's primarily afflicted by one brand...

Me, no so much..

So, then, Skootie-da-G, when yah going to the bright side and start buying gen2's? The superior bike? I need parts off of what you buy, and I know you can afford them since yer single and all.. :rolleyes:

..Just a note; I have a few body parts from a '04 Cerulian Silver that I can part with if you need them?

Oh, and you ARE a sick puppy! :dribble:

...I love the paint job, but I'm crazy for wild paint jobs. I even like Brodie's bike, I'm nuts for two tone!
Beemerdons' 03 Miss Lucy Liu. Miss Lucy very graciously toured ionbeam around sand, cactus and mountain peaks earlier this year.

Miss Lucy and ionbeam while out chasing ScooterTrashG

IonbeamGreasewoodFlat10.jpg

Miss Lucy and SIL who normally won't get on a bike if it doesn't say HD.

Wendy1.jpg