I didn't fall down...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, Julie, I gotta ask...Was it a boy deer or a girl deer?
Hahaha!!!! You're a funny man...... (I'm never gonna live that down, am I?)

Well, I didn't get a good look "under there"... But according to the rack on his head... He was a handsome boy deer. Or a very testosterone filled female....

Initial disassemble tonight. The headlight sounds like a soda can full of rocks when you shake it. Upper and center fairing pieces are toast, no surprises there. Front sub-frame is tweeked. Have to check the forks and front wheel tomorrow evening and see where we land...

2016-09-28%2019.46.56_zpseoodznqd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As with all of us, sorry you had this event, and congrats on keeping it upright. Good save.

Initial disassemble tonight....
Please tell me to b*gg*r off if you want, but ... may I suggest, before going much further, you relieve the strain on the wheel sensor cable? In your pic it's got much of the weight of the sensor housing on it; during your workings, if you don't take care of it, you risk damaging the wire going in to the sensor.

Was the sensor seized in the housing? Often happens, but it's easier to play "wheel out and in" if the sensor is out of its housing.

Hope you get up and running again soon.

Some screenshots of the incident- taken from my Sena 10c video footage:

shortly after it happened- getting off the road.

eab22381-66b1-4e46-a8a3-75c714e82548_zpsw2owdefd.png

You can see how much downward angle the headlight assembly has on it.

49800f1d-e635-41fa-995f-01a07750d9e8_zpsaued7vkt.png

And then the moment that Wayne is thanking the bike, and promising it he won't scrap it:

6b75fc18-84b2-4f0e-bade-fdcdd828d322_zpsnibndfkv.png

I hung everything with bungie cords after the picture. The fastener on that wheel senser started to round out, so I just went to leaving it attached to the sensor ring. Now that I will have the bike apart for a little bit, I'll take an impact driver and get that screw out and replace it with a new one.

may I suggest, before going much further, you relieve the strain on the wheel sensor cable? In your pic it's got much of the weight of the sensor housing on it; during your workings, if you don't take care of it, you risk damaging the wire going in to the sensor.

"Is it really crashing if you don't fall down?"

Seems as if the club has grown to 3 forum peeps -

1. dcarver
  2. extrememarin
  3. fredw
  4. Anyone else?
And check all connectors carefully. KrZy8 ended up with the plastic connectors splitting, letting the pins move around, resulting in intermittent electrical weirdness. This all happened months and months later, after multiple heat cycles. Looking back at original pictures, the stress cracks were there after impact.

Most importantly, really glad to hear you are ok, Wayne..

5.JPG