I found one and bought it

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 28727

Reaction score
Most dealers in and around North Dakota don't stock the FJR--I found one in Sioux Falls, South Dakota and dealt on it and bought it.

New member as of April 7th, and new owner of a new 2012 as of yesterday, July 30th 2012

Picked it up and rode it 447 miles home. Had to set up the idle on the way.

I rode secondary roads, no interstate and no construction

Varied the speed up, down and around 65 the whole way, windshield in lowest position, 87 octane no ethanol--read-out said 45.7 mpg average

Temp 95 I didn't get too hot, even with gear on

Past rides--

Kawasaki Versys,--11 Harleys last 4 were Ultra Classic's--Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird--Honda ST1100

Photo and more info later

kup1236

A HUGE congrats headed your way!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Woo-hoo!!! :yahoo:

And yes, we want photos!

Congrats on the new bike and welcome to the group! Looks like you pretty much have broken her it. I'll bet you really enjoyed the ride. What were your first thoughts? When I rode mine the first time, my first thought was, man, this thing needs a 6th gear. After a few months, I learned how to ride her by keeping the RPM's up and now her true beauty shines through. Enjoy your riding now before the real ND weather decides to revisit. :)

Congrats! You'll know you've bonded with it when you're doin' 80 on the slab for a few minutes and realize you're still in fourth... :yahoo:

Congrats! You'll know you've bonded with it when you're doin' 80 on the slab for a few minutes and realize you're still in fourth... :yahoo:
+1 on that.

Congrats on your FJR purchase.

The more you ride it and get used to it the more you will appreciate it.

What's on your farkle list?

Frame sliders first, I hope.

images.jpg

4500K on my 2012 and love it. :)

Congrats on the new ride...i would be interested in your impressions now and then when you have about 3000 miles on the bike.

Willie

Congrats!

Hey u can take your new Blue-Bird Feejer down a State next weekend and represent us Sport Touring Jappers at Sturgus. Maybe you can garb up just to screw with them a bit :yahoo:

Congrats on the scoot, and remember....FJRs at Sturgis are just weird. :unsure:

ReturnTrip051_1024x680.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Forum from a fellow ND FJR member! I’m located in the SE corner of state so if your

close and up to it I’d be game for a ride sometime. Oh ya sometime in a couple of weeks since I’m

sort of on the mend from a crash when I lost traction on the front end at 55 mph on the FZ1 10 days ago. Ooops!

Congrats on the scoot, and remember....FJRs at Sturgis are just weird. :unsure:

ReturnTrip051_1024x680.jpg
I got a picture of the FJR in front of the Knuckle a month ago before all the pirates started showing up and it even seemed weird then. While getting my gear off standing by my bike some dude on a geezer glide just about t-boned me and my bike while leaving The Knuckle parking lot. I'm glad to be 500 miles away this week but I will have to make it down there one year during Sturgis just to say I did it.

Welcome to the Forum from a fellow ND FJR member! I’m located in the SE corner of state so if your

close and up to it I’d be game for a ride sometime. Oh ya sometime in a couple of weeks since I’m

sort of on the mend from a crash when I lost traction on the front end at 55 mph on the FZ1 10 days ago. Ooops!
446 miles from Sioux Falls and I'm 220 so I'm guessing your more from the western part of the state.

There are plenty of "non-Harley's" there. I think I read somewhere 70-72% are HD's. I'm quite positive that there will be a Feejer somewhere in the crowd! If u really wanna ride the Black Hills of SD another time would be preferred, like way after the rally! Basically it's just a BIG azz party and nobody really cares what you ride, heck even 50cc scooters show up.

I still say go, Garb-up and snarl back at those pirate mofoheekers.

attachment.jpg

I was there with some HD's last year and saw 4 or 5 fjr's parked in the mess. But I was the only one with a CT. :lol: