I Need New Boots

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited by a moderator:
Icon 1000 Elsinores are pretty.
Any time Icon is mentioned, it reminds me of these wonderless products they sell/sold.

combos-icon-racing-street-2008-women-bombshell-go-go-chaps.jpg

32995d1108403385-icon-bling-jacket-apparel-icon-gloves-bling.jpg

Frankly, I'd feel compelled to chat up any lady wearing the Bombshell Go-Go suit. Even if she had a unicorn helmet sticker.
love.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I hung on in vain to my Combat Touring Boots for a couple of years beyond the time I thought they needed replacing, hoping Aerostitch would get them back in stock. I had worn them for about 15 years, with one re-sole, over many thousands of miles. I really liked them, and they are still functional, if not a bit worse for wear inside. However, they lack some recent technical developments in motorcycle footwear, particularly malleolar armor, which my son, the ER nurse, says he thinks is pretty important.

After much looking, I settled on a pair of Rev'it Discovery OutDry boots a few months ago. It was really a toss-up between them or the Sidi Adventure 2's, since both had the technical features I wanted. I chose the Rev'it product because they were just more attractive to me, and, so far, I'm pretty pleased with my choice. The Discovery's are a little tight going on, but once my foot gets past the ankle stricture, there is plenty of room for my toes in the well-armored, breathable foot box. Walking around is very comfortable, and I couldn't say that about my CTB's. The BOA lacing system is fun to use. I only wish they were a couple of inches taller, like my beloved old CTB's.

Hope this helps, WBill

I am still looking...

There are LOT of boots out there. Seems that calling them "motorcycle boots" is an excuse to double the price. I have a pair of cheap leather Magnum boots that I occasionally wear on the bike. Not waterproof and the ones I have are not particularly armoured for impact/crushing etc., but they are very comfortable. There are others available designed for a work environment or for hiking etc. Varying degrees of armour and waterproof-ness from lots of different manufacturers. Just a quick example (I have hardly begun to explore these options...). Anybody use a non MC-specific boot that they have found to be waterproof, comfortable and offer good protection (at a reasonable price)?

https://www.amazon.com/Magnum-Strike-Force-Side-Zip/dp/B01BOZMFP2

91gbjmh0WkL._AC_UL320_.jpg

I used to wear engineer boots

johnlofgrenboots.jpg

Then I wore some synthetic "cop" and "first responder" boots that bragged that they were not only water proof but also blood born pathogen proof.

804-6191.jpg

I finally bit the bullet and got riding boots because they do have aspects that the others don't consider (hard, impact-resistant ankle and shin armor just for one). I always avoid whacky color combos because I want something that can do double duty when off the bike.

tcxx_five_evo_gore_tex_boots_750x750.jpg

+1 for Alpinestars Web Goretex, got them when I bought my first bike ('01 SV650S) in '08 and still riding them now, admittedly I did have a couple of down years, Great in the rain and I ride them 4 seasons here, I do have a set of Sidi's vented boots I started to break in last Summer but still used the Astars 50% of the time.