I need new summer gloves

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRONAMISSION

Flying at the speed of smell ;))
Reaction score
my roadgears are wore out. my new ones need to go over the end of my jacket, be vented and

have knuckle protection. vented means VENTED....lol

good grip and last in there somewhere to...lol

B

Not exactly vented, but breathe well and work in temps over 100...have a set for almost 5 years now and they still look new.

Motoport Kevlar

they run one size small so if you wear a large, order XL.

--G

Don't you need the fingerless ones to go with the new ride :p . Don't forget the fringe :lol:

Gloves are the one item I buy where I can try them on as every mfgr. has different sizing. I would google up motorcycle shops in San Hoser,eh.

Cortech GX Air

https://www.motorcycl...ichAutoComplete

I still like them best. Not a lot of protection compared to heavier gloves, but you will actually wear them. I highly recommend three pair for summer travel; one to wear, another to wear when the first pair gets rain soaked and turns your hands black, and a third pair so you never need a third pair.
Thanks dude...... hahaha three pair ......

I wear short gloves for day-to-day, and I've gotten to really like my Alpinestar SMX2 gloves. Leather palm, thicker with layers on the heel of the hand, carbon knuckles, and very breathable backs. They have dedicated pull spots so you won't rip them apart in 3 weeks, and the closure actually works, which I've found to be unusual in a short glove. They were a tad tight to start with, but 3 or 4 days broke them in well. 70 bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
These aren't cheap but I've had them for 4 years now and absolutely love them. I know, they aren't vented. I have used vented gloves that aren't as comfortable as these in hot weather. These gloves work very well in a wide range of temps. They have a great feel when on. Plus they are made in the U.S.

My link

The gloves listed by HaulinAshe look really nice. Might have to order a set. I've been riding with MX gloves, no real protection for the street.

Jeff, do these gloves have good 'feel'? My hands are really arthritic, I need comfie...

The gloves listed by HaulinAshe look really nice. Might have to order a set. I've been riding with MX gloves, no real protection for the street.

Jeff, do these gloves have good 'feel'? My hands are really arthritic, I need comfie...
Don, I hear from old mike that if u put KY jellie in um they are comfy as hell!!!! :dribble: :lol:

I just bought these.

Held Air N Dry

I also have been using these for a year or so. MotoPort Kevlar Racing Gloves

I like the MotoPort a lot and you can fill them with water and put them on and use as a cooling glove. Water has no affect on them and that is a huge part of them staying together.

The held are nice and vented and when it rains and is a bit cold they keep you warm and dry.

I like both pair as much as the other, but neither is cheap in price.

Latest posts