IBA SS2000 Completed - 7/1/11

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Two-Wheeled Tourist

Reaction score
After doing my first SS1000 last August from Columbus, OH to Spartanburg, SC and back, I had to shoot a little higher.
laugh.gif

I rode to CA en route to the Women On Wheels® 25th Annual International Ride-In taking place in San Jose, CA last week, and work didn't give me enough time to get there leisurely. So I said, what the hey and planned out an attempt for a BunBurner Gold 1500. Well, my route was a "little" detoured thanks to I-29 closures in Iowa due to flooding in the region and 50MPH gust winds + rainstorm in East Nebraska but I still managed to pull off the standard BB1500 in 34.5 hours. And with another 10 hours and 500 miles, I went for the SS2000, ending in Elko, NV before riding into CA. What a way to return to my home state, but it was wonderful to be back.

After the fun in San Jose, I returned to OH via Oregon, Washington, Montana, and Wisconsin. Needed to play state tag too, so now the FJR is up to 43 states crossed in a little under 4.5 years. Not bad for still being in the working world.

Here's the report on the SS2000 portion of my adventure, including photos...clicky. I've got lots of photos on this website and on my Twitter feed too.

Here was the route...clicky.

Docs are complete and being sent in today! Whew. Still can't feel some parts of my butt, but it was fun!

Nice job TWT...maybe we'll see you in SE Ohio September 18th?...that is if you want to ride some FUN roads...check out the SE Ohio Ramble thread.

Well done! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

yea, those long interstate stretches can be rough, I, too, party relied on the XM to maintain alertness

Nice job TWT...maybe we'll see you in SE Ohio September 18th?...that is if you want to ride some FUN roads...check out the SE Ohio Ramble thread.
Taking a look at that one. Might be able to make it, penciling it into the calendar.

I have to get used to this "ride 100 miles to get to a decent road in Ohio" thing. I used to just go over one hill and I was overlooking the ocean on switchbacks in CA. Just another excuse to add to the odometer, I guess.
tongue.gif

Taking a look at that one. Might be able to make it, penciling it into the calendar.

I have to get used to this "ride 100 miles to get to a decent road in Ohio" thing. I used to just go over one hill and I was overlooking the ocean on switchbacks in CA. Just another excuse to add to the odometer, I guess.
tongue.gif
If it makes you feel any better. I have a 1 1/2 to 2 hr ride to get down there...it's worth it