IBA Witness near Snohomish, WA?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtnwevo

Reaction score
Hey all,

I am planning a Bun Burner Gold in the first week of August. Anyone around Snohomish, WA willing to witness for me? Would be around 4:00am. :)

Thank you!

-JT

I'm sure it won't be a problem. I won't know my schedule in August for a while still, but would be willing to help if I'm available. Heck, I'll probably be doing the same thing in late July :)

The IBA website if you take the time to read it, is a pretty valuable tool to those attempting any "certified" ride info.

Simple, concise, and easy to understand info.

Kinda like the ignored bin O facts here. What is it going to take to get people to read shit they should?

Hey all,

I am planning a Bun Burner Gold in the first week of August. Anyone around Snohomish, WA willing to witness for me? Would be around 4:00am. :)

Thank you!

-JT
I'll witness the night before and let YOU get the gas receipt for the starting time... :lol:

--G

The IBA website if you take the time to read it, is a pretty valuable tool to those attempting any "certified" ride info.

Simple, concise, and easy to understand info.

Kinda like the ignored bin O facts here. What is it going to take to get people to read shit they should?
Jackass!

WTF does that have anything to do with a witness request?!?!

Jackass!

:finger:

Thanks guys, I will be in touch closer to the date. I was under the impression that the witness had to be there when I departed and arrived, I guess that is incorrect. Glad to hear it can happen the night before/day after.

Thanks guys, I will be in touch closer to the date. I was under the impression that the witness had to be there when I departed and arrived, I guess that is incorrect. Glad to hear it can happen the night before/day after.
I'd be more than happy to help. I live in Lynnhood, so not too far away. Doing an out and back or going elsewhere? If coming back to the area I could be an end witness too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks LowAndSilent!

I am thinking an out and back. Big Timber Montana is just over 750 miles away. I'm still trying to figure it out. Would prefer a loop but want to avoid going South.... Also need to start and stop in Snohomish. Any suggestions?

Thanks LowAndSilent!

I am thinking an out and back. Big Timber Montana is just over 750 miles away. I'm still trying to figure it out. Would prefer a loop but want to avoid going South.... Also need to start and stop in Snohomish. Any suggestions?
That will work. A little closer than I would do, but you don't have too many options through that section of Montana to add some distance. Also, there are not many loop routes from your start location that would allow BBG pace. I also don't know your average mileage between fuel stops, time at the pump, number and length of breaks needed, etc. The 4 AM departure should make it easy for you to avoid traffic issues. Your biggest choke-points on this route would be Snoqualmie Pass and Spokane. Thankfully, most of the construction on I90 through Montana has been cleared up, so it'll make the section between Missoula and Big Timber much easier than it was last year...with the 35 mph sections that stretched on for miles and miles.

Hey guys; I just ran that section from St. Regis to Missoula twice going and coming from the Utah 1088. It is choked down to two lane with cones for miles at 55 mph. Once you get through that it is clear sailing all the way to Butte though. I caught I-15 south...so cannot comment about further east. Check with Montana DOT to see where they are working on the highway. Spokane is usually fairly quick. You can only run 60, but it is only for about 10 miles then you are back up to 70-75. If you catch it right; there wont be much traffic. TZ

Thanks LowAndSilent!

You could also do a loop down to Boise, over to Idaho Falls, up to Butte and Missoula and back home. That was my BBG route. A bit cold from Idaho Falls into Butte at night, but all fast freeways.

You could start in Snohomish and pick a finish closer to 1500 for a final receipt, then ride home off the clock.

You could also do a loop down to Boise, over to Idaho Falls, up to Butte and Missoula and back home. That was my BBG route. A bit cold from Idaho Falls into Butte at night, but all fast freeways.

You could start in Snohomish and pick a finish closer to 1500 for a final receipt, then ride home off the clock.
That ^^^^ sounds like a nice loop. Might be a few critters to dodge though! :)

--G