If you need a new rear shock...check this out...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also heard that French FJR's have ash trays and an insert for the left pannier that securely holds 2 wine bottles.
But have you seen the Seattle FJR's? They have a holder that securely holds 3 Starbucks lattes. :)

fjr_drink_holder.jpg

LMAO...... funny - on my Gen 1, I could open the glove box and push a large iced coffee down into the box, it was a bit larger then the newer gen models.

The people at starbucks always looked at me funny when I would show up with my helmet on, order, then stuff the cup in there and drive off....

I miss those goofy looks....
uhoh.gif

Ugh, yeah, I have really been struggling to figure out where I can put my morning coffee!

I'm in Ireland and I have just ordered one of these. I am informed by others (in the UK) who have purchased them already that they come from 2008/2009 bikes and are unused/new. I'll be fitting it to a 2004 for the times my Ohlins is being serviced. My original shock is knackered.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in Ireland and I have just ordered one of these. I am informed by others (in the UK) who have purchased them already that they come from 2008/2009 bikes and are unused/new. I'll be fitting it to a 2004 for the times my Ohlins is being serviced. My original shock is knackered.
Gen II shocks are notoriously bad. Mine only lasted 38,000 kilometres

Well it did a bit more than that, but the improvement when fitting the Ohlins suggests it was completely past it. I had the OE shock serviced and regassed too as a spare but it didn't do much for it. The reports on these OE French ones are very positive, hence my purchase.

These are looking better.

Best price I can find on new gen3 shock is $422.

I only saved $13 by getting 4. Anything over for was not allowed. The seller was only allowed 44lbs per shipment to the US.

They are from 2008 models. 3P6-22210-10-00 I'm told.

shipping is as follows

1-$58

2-110

3-164.50

4-177