Ignacio's FAQ

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignacio

Intramural Culture Warrior
Staff member
Reaction score
Expect this to grow over time. I plan to make this a respository of frequently asked questions by newbies and ones I forget the answers to, but need when I'm working on the bike.

It's not intended to be a traditional discussion thread (hint, please no off-topic posts, but worthy additions OK)....so I reserve the right as thread starter of redacting and truncating. Thx.

Alternator Output and Spare Capacity

490 watts rated by Yamaha for '03-'05

120-130 watts spare capacity per Warchild before Datel drops to ~12.5 - 12.8v region

Widder brand electrical closthing uses less current than Gerbing per Warchild.

Source: Alternator Question 9/29/2005

Lighting

Stock FJR Headlight Bulb is an H4. 55 watt low beam/60 watt high beam. Lumens are ~1000/1650

Brake Light = 1157. (Sylvania 7528)

DS2 HID = 35 watts running. ~3100 lumens.

Torque Values

Oil drain plug = 43 Nm, 31 ft-lbs

Rear drain plug = 23 Nm, 17 ft-lbs

Spark plug = 13 Nm, 9.4 ft-lbs

Spark plug gap = .7 - .8mm (.028 - .031 in)

Tires

Avon AV45 ST 120/70ZR-17 Front

Avon AV46 ST 180/55ZR-17 Rear

Michelin Pilot Road 120/70ZR-17 Front

Michelin Pilot Road 180/55ZR-17 Rear

Suspension

Front preload: Many like 2 to 2.5 rings showing per Warchild

Motorcycle Supsension Setup

Last edited by a moderator:
+4 :lol: Dumb lower-casing software...... :angry:

Still, I think Ignacio's FAG is funnier than hell....
supergay.gif

Of course this bothers the anal side of me to no end....that there would be 5+ off-topic posts in 12 minutes before I could try and make the change to caps. You can bet I'm going to look at that in the Admin options and SQL side.....

I'm going to struggle all evening whether to use my admin powers to purge this crap............. :dribble:

....I think I'll pull a Newman and wait a couple days when nobody is looking........yeah. :ph34r:

Hey Ignacio...maybe you need to more clearly mark your posts to prevent all of the hoodlums from draggin' you off topic. Like this???

IMG_2586.JPG

Of course this bothers the anal side of me to no end....that there would be 5+ off-topic posts in 12 minutes before I could try and make the change to caps. You can bet I'm going to look at that in the Admin options and SQL side.....
I'm going to struggle all evening whether to use my admin powers to purge this crap............. :dribble:

....I think I'll pull a Newman and wait a couple days when nobody is looking........yeah. :ph34r:
Well you could..... But you got two other admins laughing at it too. :p

And to think that I was one of the first to look at this post and thought Fag, huh. But did I reply with some smart ass comment, no I did not. Shit guess I should have. JB :D

And to think that I was one of the first to look at this post and thought Fag, huh. But did I reply with some smart ass comment, no I did not. Shit guess I should have. JB :D
I used to be like that........... I learned "If I don't, Someone else will!" :D

It really bothers me that after reading all the replies about thinking your post said fag, your retort included "Of course this bothers the ANAL side of me"

LOL!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Quite a choice selection on words!

:D :lol:

All right. Try number two at accumulating collective wisdom and details tipped over the balance point to be moved threads. See it's new home in off-topic.

Just wait until I try the third time.