Indianapolis, IN - Riders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Hoosierbanker, I was planning on riding in the same area tomorrow but I now have stuff to do in the middle of the day and it looks like it will be a hot and humid day so I'm out.

I have been pretty busy with a new job, reincarnating the Venture Royale and squeezing in some time on the R1. I ride the FJR to work as much as possible but have not been out for any decent rides in a while. By the way, I met an FJR yesterday on state road 39 south of Monrovia yesterday, I was gonna turn around and run it down but had to get to the parents house. Another '07, anybody from here?

Sure do.

Typically come into Shoals on 450 out of Bedford. Then 150 to West Baden Springs, turn around and back 150 to 550 into Loogootee and re-ride 450 back towards Bedford.

I've ridden 450 from Bedford to 150 into French Lick. Nice roads, not very technical like 45 though.

Just rode 135 up from Freetown to 46 this morning. It's in good shape now. A little gravel spill in a few corners just like always. They did a good job on it, but the road doesn't seem any smoother to me.

Just rode 252 east, 45 west, 46 east, 135 south, 58 west, 450 west, 150 east and 37 north. From my house in Indy, the round trip was about 290 miles.

45 is pretty messy. The eastern side is closed a few miles before 135 and they are working on spots of it in the middle. The parts that are open have gravel in the road at virtually every curve.
fool.gif

46 was surprisingly not busy for a Saturday.

135 south was clean and fun, as mentioned above.

58 was pretty clean.

450 and 150 were both in good shape, unlike earlier this year after lots of rain that caused flooding on 450 about 1.5 miles west of 37.

I took a nice 135 mile ride down south on the R1 Sunday. Rode down SR135 to 46, south to Bloomington, cut over on 446 across Lake Monroe to 58, and then east to SR135 to head north through Freetown/Story, then back home through Nashville back to Greenwood.

The whole way the roads were in fantastic shape, absolutely smooth and clean - was able to hit the turns harder than usual. So between my ride and some of the other posts, looks like riding south is definitely open and available again.

I hopped on the FJR yesterday for a quick 60 mile ride to Culver, IN (Lake Maxinkuckee) and back home. Temp gauge said around 31-32 degrees. Noticed I'm over 25k on the odometer and I've read that I should do a TBS about now. Anyone with the proper equipment and a bit of time available in the upcoming month or two?

I hopped on the FJR yesterday for a quick 60 mile ride to Culver, IN (Lake Maxinkuckee) and back home. Temp gauge said around 31-32 degrees. Noticed I'm over 25k on the odometer and I've read that I should do a TBS about now. Anyone with the proper equipment and a bit of time available in the upcoming month or two?
I have the gauge but need to add blue fluid to my MotionPro sync tool. But, keep an eye out for a tech day around April being announced soon. These are usually in MI or OH.

You are probably one of seven or eight people on the planet who can spell Maxinkuckee properly . . . . very impressive !

The last two days have been quite the tease for Spring. Cannot wait for the permanent warmer weather to get here. As always though, it's a tough decision trying to choose which bike to ride on a given day and with which route to take. Hope some of you guy have had the chance to enjoy some seat time lately as well.

Stay safe!