Installing the Brake Away throttle lock

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SR-71

Reaction score
I'm in the process of installing the Brake Away throttle lock. Brake Away users..., according to the instructions I'm suppose to replace the stock bolt with the longer supplied one. The one that was supplied in my kit seems to be almost an inch too long - either that or I'm doing something wrong. The pictures in the instructions really suck. Can someone that has successfully installed this farkle send a couple of close-up pictures of how it attaches to the brake handle pivot bolt? Thanks.

SR-71

Here's the pics.

BrakeAwaypics002comp.jpg

BrakeAwaypics008comp.jpg

BrakeAwaypics009comp.jpg

BrakeAwaypics010comp.jpg

I've been using your pictures trying to get mine installed, been at it for a long time, and still can't get the damn thing to go right. Every time I tightend the end bracket screw, the thing bound up the throttle. I realized I needed to put in the end bracket spacer, duh. So I put it on expecting everything to be peachy, but no luck. I tighen the screw down and it still binds up. I tried taking my 1/2" wrench and torqueing it one way or the other, no luck. I'm about ready to put my head through the wall. Any suggestions on what I can try to get going? If I keep screwing with this thing any longer with no progress I'm gonna flip.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been using your pictures trying to get mine installed, been at it for a long time, and still can't get the damn thing to go right. Every time I tightend the end bracket screw, the thing bound up the throttle. I realized I needed to put in the end bracket spacer, duh. So I put it on expecting everything to be peachy, but no luck. I tighen the screw down and it still binds up. I tried taking my 1/2" wrench and torqueing it one way or the other, no luck. I'm about ready to put my head through the wall. Any suggestions on what I can try to get going? If I keep screwing with this thing any longer with no progress I'm gonna flip.
I posted to your other "post". Let's try and keep it on that post (multiple posts/same question frowned upon).