Intercom\iPod\cellphone\B2B

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carrera930

Reaction score
I have been shopping for an intercom system that will allow me

rider to pillion comm

Rider to rider comm

iPod input

cellphone input

Audio S-NAV

So far the most impressive heatset I have come across is the J&M system. :rolleyes:

https://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?PF...ID=HS-ECD584-FF

Does anyone have any experiance with this setup?

Can anyone make recomendations as to the system they are using?

Appreciate the feedback!

I've had experience with J&M but not this unit. I have had experience with other excellent bike-comm companies that are no longer here. I refuse to do business with J&M.

autocom would be a great option. I've had the active 7 setup for a year and have nothing but good results. I run most of that except bike to bike but that's easy to add plus they are having a 50% off sale on their website..

great stuff and easy to use once you have it set up.. and very versatile!!

I've got the J&M 2003 and I'm happy with it.

IMG_1239.jpg

I'm not bringing up the system that I'm happy with because someone else listed all sorts of good reasons why they didn't like it and I realized that I'm happy with substandard stuff! I'd hate to share my substandardness with anyone :p

Starcom1 has good features and good pricing.

I've had one for over a year.

Autocom seems more popular for more money.

There are several good systems available. There are some happy users of Starcom systems on this forum. Take a look at the new Starcom1 Advance, available on my site here. Forum members get 10% off of my advertised prices.

I've got the J & M system including the Audio Integration Module. It does all you listed plus more. I believe that is the high end helmet speaker/mike setup. They have three. I use the middle level unit & am happy with it in a Nolan flip helmet. IMHO the J & M stuff is pricey but works pretty well. The 8500 Passport radar detector did require modification to work with the J & M system. If my 8500 had been under warrenty it probably would have been voided by the modification. I suggest totaling up all the components costs before starting to know what the total cost will be up front. I do wear earplugs with my system. I would buy it again. I have no connection to J & M other than using their system. Best of luck.

I have that headset. Hi fi on the highway? I found I can't hear my cb without earplugs to drown out the wind. I plug my mp3, police scanner, cd player, gps into a mixit and then the mixit into the j&m.

I got it because I wanted something that was loud enough to overcome the background noise on my bike and this it does. I've heard the owner of J&M is, um, hard to deal with (I'll be polite), but I ordered over the internet and never had to deal with j&m

They seem to be pretty closed lip with regard to technical info about their equipment. They acknowledged that my radar detector would have to be modified to work with their system but would not go beyond that info. They did the modification at I think $40 or was it $60? I can't remember now. From their literature I was surprised the modification was required. I'm not an audiophile so my comments with regard to music quality should be taken with a grain of salt. I am very happy with standard FM radio quality & the mid priced headphone/mike set. Best of luck

Last edited by a moderator: