Intercom system that will work with my in ear headphones?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wa2fst

Reaction score
I visited the Seattle MC show to specifically look for an intercom system that would combine the following into a system:

rider to passenger intercom (either VOX activated by PTT)
allow me to plug in my I-POD or alternate music device
bluetooth would be nice, but not a necessity
major item and most important would be to allow me to plug in and use my Big Ear - in ear, head phones
Does anyone know of a system like this? I asked a few suppliers at the show and all said NO....the stumbling block was the plug in for my in ear phones.

And by far the best of the bunch is Autocom...

They have several different systems which will allow you to plug in mutiple things like Ipod, phone, 2 way radio, GPS, radar detector. They even have a system that you can have separate music for passenger and rider and separate cell phones.

They all so have a headset that is identical to the starcom one.

Autocom was just bought by Starcom and will continue to be made by them.

PM me if you need one.

Richard

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 JMCB2003 with earplug speaker adapters.

I love it you can also run radar, gps, cell phone, ect.

Comes with CB also great for bike to bike.

I thought the JMCB03 was only capable of doing this after buying the extra audio integration kit which runs another 300 bucks ontop of the cost of the JMCB and all the cables you would need.

I've got the starcom and run my sat radio, cell, R/D, Family radio and intercom thru it. The full face headset that I bought has the 3.5 mm jacks and helmet speakers. The earbuds are really nice, since they knock out a lot of the wind noise. The in helmet earphones are nice when I'm running errands and don't won't to fool with the earbuds.

It took awhile to sort out the volume levels for everything, but now it's pretty slick. Talk to Jeff @ bike effects. He's been very helpful .

-Greg-

I thought the JMCB03 was only capable of doing this after buying the extra audio integration kit which runs another 300 bucks ontop of the cost of the JMCB and all the cables you would need.
That's one way, but here are another bunch of devices:

https://www.cyclegadgets.com/products/KT/

For $95 I added the ability to use the JMCB's mic as input to the Zumo's cellphone headset function, and the zumo connects to the phone via bluetooth.

There might be other options there if you want to integrate radar, or do it without using a zumo. The JMCB stuff costs an arm and a leg .. it's no surprise another company found an opportunity.