Interest In Canyon Cage Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't want to squash enthusiasm, but I picked up the cages from Phat Performance for significantly under list when applying a ten percent discount code I found (which was THANKS)
just saying, do your homework.
Are you sure you were not comparing the price of the "Full Size Engine/Fairing Guards" (#1200-100) to the price of the "Canyon Cage" (#1200-400) ?

These are the part #'s for the '06-12 FJRs. The Gen 3s have a different set up all together (#1200-410) … Do you have a direct link? I found the #1200-100 on

the site but could not find the Canyon Cage.

Talk about a thread going south...... My thought is if you want to help out Tony please send him a PM and talk about it off the forum. Stop getting the water muddy!

the other thing to think about is that these other places probably have 1 or 2 in stock......

R

I recently bought the bag guards for my 2014 and can confirm the workmanship and fit is fantastic. The folks at MC Enterprises are great to work with. Fairlaner (Richard) has done a fine service to all of us by submitting his GenIII for the layout of this product.

Just ordered a set from Phat... 265 with free shipping. Found an older post with a group buy and the price was 275 up to 30 people.

Not sure if we could get to 30 people and I want them on before my first ride, which should be in a few weeks or so. I alos have racing 905 bag guards to go on as well.

Alright, I have remained silent on this thread but not inactive with attempts to get us a better deal. I was unaware of previous

attempts with a group buy with this product. I have been educated (Somewhat)

Here are my thoughts:

*MC Enterprise is willing to do the deal previously mentioned 10% off for +10/ 15% off for +20 on both Canyon Cage and Bag Protector.

*Phat…. is NOT willing to do a deal, not even match the 10% coupon code they had during the Holiday season. BUT their current price with the

5% coupon code is the best deal I can locate.

We could definitely get enough for the 15% IMO… but why if Phat. has a better deal.

I am stepping away from this without a purchase at this time for my '08.

Seems with the volume we could purchase, that MC could possibly match the price that they sell to Phat. ?

The mark up must be high enough for Phat. to have satisfaction with their profit margin ? … No ?

And Phat. had them 10% off with satisfaction on profit margin just a while back.

I just don't understand I guess….

SO,

Someone else can follow up with the "Bulk Purchase" with MC (Not advised)

OR

Individuals can purchase from Phat. or another retailer 5%/free shipping is not bad.

I am sorry that I failed to get us a better price- I believe it COULD be done. I am not a very good businessman and I do not have

the patience. It is tough enough from the East coast with my work hours. All phone contact had to be while on break at work.

Ride safe, Tony

Tony,

Thanks for your efforts.. I was researching the last few weeks and came to a similar conclusion as you found. In the end you'd have to do a lot of work, could takes weeks before all said and done, and you may save 6 bucks.

Phat, Amazon and maybe a couple others have them in the 265-280 range. Order from one of those, they'll be on the bike in 10 days, and you'll be a happy man.

Cheers,

Sometimes these deals work out, sometimes not. I appreciate you stepping up and making the effort. If nothing else, we now have info on the current best prices.

Sometimes these deals work out, sometimes not. I appreciate you stepping up and making the effort. If nothing else, we now have info on the current best prices.
Ditto
smile.png

Geeeze. Really? Are we quabling over a few $s one way or the other? I appreciate the group buy concept used on the board. Helps us m/c riders and helps the perveyors of goods and services. Somebody makes a comment "get it here a few bucks cheaper" - and then the thead get's stinky. I appreciate 101stpathfinder doing the work on this. No worries from me if it does not work out. I would have liked if MC Enterrprises could have gone 20% since the interest seems so big. But- hey no worries.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts