Is it just me? Gen 3 easier to center stand?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no problem putting my Gen2 on the center stand wearing flip flops. I have done it barefoot too.
Your center stand wears flip flops?
rolleyes.gif

Gen I/Gen II centerstand:

(Picture not allowed to be posted in the same manner as every othere frickin' forum on the planet).

Gen III centerstand:

(Picture not allowed to be posted in the same manner as every othere frickin' forum on the planet).

You can look them up on Ron Ayers or Bike Bandit.

Dan

Yes, it's lots easier if you get the $150 optional E-Z center stand. Salesman gave me a cracking deal on it -- only charged me $115.

The only time my center stand had been hrd to use is when the bike has been fully loaded for a trip. Technique and some strength required. If you're younger than 65 and can't get any year FJR onto the centerstand, you need to put the Starbucks down and go to the gym.

The only time my center stand had been hrd to use is when the bike has been fully loaded for a trip. Technique and some strength required. If you're younger than 65 and can't get any year FJR onto the centerstand, you need to put the Starbucks down and go to the gym.
I can put it on the center stand, with it fully loaded, barefoot! I can prove it next month if need be....JS

I can put it on the center stand, with it fully loaded, barefoot! I can prove it next month if need be....JS
Who are you? Fred Flintstone?? I can do it barefoot. Donno if I can do it with a fully loaded bike. Now, if I'M fully loaded, lots of stuff is easier.

You're on!

It's not unlikely I will get down your way sometime and see this.

The lighter effort center stand is nice but I never had a problem with the Gen 2 stand. Unfortunately they achieved the lighter effort at the expense of room for your heal when your up on the balls of your feet in the curves. I would rather not have my heal movement interfered with by the longer lever.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about if We send Barb on a Nation wide tour to teach you wimps how to do it, She had no problem getting an 05 on the stand. She weights approx 110 lbs, Mind you she does have ample upper body mass.......( ask Beemer Don if you don't understand that comment)''''lol'''''