Is there a Hill country group?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it does have a bit more panache' than "100 mile loop"... <_<
Panache?? Sounds like a fairy tale.

The Dragon, that has Panache, but unfortunately is taken.

The Twisted Hill Country Trail.

The Desolate Loop.

The 100 mile Twisted Trail.. loop... whatever other than Sisters. Ack!

The point is there already is a name for the route and we don't need no New Yorkers com'in in and chang'in it. :)

On a slightly different note, if they keep promoting the Hill Country and motorcycle tourism the area riding is going to suffer. A few more years it will be like the Dragon, too crowded to enjoy. Leakey, a once peaceful town to visit for the weekend is now bustling and motorcycle business is booming. While good for locals that want that kind of growth, it sucks for those that enjoyed the hamlet as a peaceful get away place that was close to SA.

This past weekend on our way back through from Fort Clark out in Bracketville we ran into TONS of bikes all over the roads out there (the 100 mile loop in particular) that used to be mostly desolate. Mostly Harley's that were going 10 under the speed limit. :angry:

Very sad in a way.

Bummer for ya, man, but that is gonna happen wherever you go. If you lived in Austin, you could be one of those folks that walk around with the "Keep Austin Weird" T-shirts, complaining that anyone who didn't see Stevie Ray Vaughan play at the Armadillo World Headquarters should have to leave town. In fact, just this morning, the Statesman had an article along those lines:

https://www.austin360.com/news/content/even...0904aqtest.html

Yawn..... :blink:

Cause it looks better on a T-shirt than "those three kinda curvey and hilly roads out there by Leakey?""
Well, YEA! :) That would look stupid.

But I didn't call it "those three kinda curvey and hilly roads out there by Leakey?"". :) I said it's been called The 100 mile Loop forever by those of us that have been riding the Hill Country any length of time.

The point is the place has a name, and for folks whom have hardly ever, if ever, ridden those roads to come in and give it a name is like New Yorkers coming to Texas to make Salsa. And to give it some name like Twisted Sisters?

OK, maybe it's just me.... but just don't seem right.

Anyone have any ride plans tomorrow. I finally managed a free saturday and I need some riding therapy.

Guys I began this thread a year ago when I got my new 06 FJR. I am now 12 K miles later. I see some of you from the Austin area have answered my email asking about hill country riders. I have only seen a few FJRs around central texas during my sunday rides. I have ridden with a bunch of guys for the last 6 years. We meet every Sunday morning at the gas station at the top of RR12 and Hamilton pool road. In the summer we meet at 8 am. Later in the winter we go at 9 am or later. Hope to see some of you guys on one of my sunday rides.

John :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw several FJRs this weekend around Fredricksburg and Kerrville. In fact GPRider and I saw 2 on 16 on the way to Kerrville Sunday morning. An 03 and an 05 I think. Was an awesome weekend to ride Hill Country!

I saw several FJRs this weekend around Fredricksburg and Kerrville. In fact GPRider and I saw 2 on 16 on the way to Kerrville Sunday morning. An 03 and an 05 I think. Was an awesome weekend to ride Hill Country!

Wish I knew you guys were riding this weekend on my turf- would have liked to meet up with you guys from the Dallas area.

John

FJRChik -- I was the 05 you saw going North from Kerrville to Fredericksburg Sunday morning -- heading home to Austin. I saw more FJR's last weekend during ride from Kerrville to Leakey to Medina than I've ever seen during a single weekend.