Is this a good ad for my FJR?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auron

FJRForums' Red-headed stepchild
Reaction score
My AE is at a consignment shop and damned if this isn't the worst ad I've seen for an AE. I'm not sure if I should say anything since they are the ones that have to sit on the bike all winter. Also, should I have them lower the price? My cut is currently $9500 at the current price.

https://denver.craigslist.org/mcd/4046528222.html

"No clutch....well kind of."

fool.gif

I guess it depends if you really want to sell the thing or are just looking to get free storage for the winter? ;)

Why would you give them any cut of the sale price for that kind of lousy advertising? One picture? Really?

Even though you have essentially no miles on the bike (didn't like the FJR?) , it's not likely to sell at that price, especially at this time of year and with the new 3rd gens available.

Did you try listing it here first or at least on Craigslist yourself? I agree with the others, one picture is hardly enough to generate serious interest.

1 picture. No mention of what farkles are on it (custom seat, at least). Etc.

From someone who's worked in advertising many years, these people are amateurs.

Sell it yourself.

I had a great craigslist ad up without a single reply in months, selling and AE ain't easy. They actually do sell more bikes than you'd ever believe and they have on the spot financing, that the only reason it's there.

So how do I politely tell them the ad is an embarrassment to their dealership?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts