Is this a good deal??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RPrice

Fish Cop (retired)
Reaction score
Greetings,

I'm brand new, and as stated in my first post (New Members), I've decided I need an FJR. OK, I have a question concerning an FJR for sale, and I hope I'm in the right topic area.

Our local dealer has two 2007 FJR1300 AE's for sale. They have 0 miles on the odometers. The dealer has greatly reduced the price to $11,999.00. From my research there's very little difference between the 2007 AE models and the 2009 AE models.

I'm not real sure the AE would be my first choice, but this seems like a good price, and maybe I could learn to like being "clutch less" (better than clue less).

Is this a good deal??

Thanks in advance,

Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can travel for it, Heinen's near Minneapolis had '07 AEs for $10000 plus $2-300 in misc fees. I got my '08 AE for $10800 ($11099 out the door). Factor in the $200 in airfare and $160 in fuel riding home and I think I ended up way ahead.

As I understand it, there were several changes/improvements in '08 included a complete redesign of the ABS, hard coating the windshield, a redesign of the windshield bracket, new grips and some changes to the transmission and clutch.

IMO the '07 & '08 colors are much better than the black for '09 (it is well documented that the '08 Granite Grey is not only faster than all other colors, it is nearly undetectable by all current police speed detection devices).

Bob--

I sent you a personal message about what I know about that bike at Wade powersports. Good luck with your search. Let me know if you'd like more detail.

Per Yamaha

- For 2008, the FJR1300A gets a new ABS system, new scratch-resistant hard windshield coating, a new windshield bracket design and new grips.

For '09, reduce clutch lever effort (different spring) + I've read on this forum a few color changes (read a few extra items color black)

So - what color do you like?

I just bought (last Fri) an '08 FJR1300a with 8k miles (factory sales rep bike) with full 12 month new factory warranty for $10k+taxes (this being in CA where they tend to charge a bit more)

During my search, I've saw a number of brand new '08s for $11k (listed in CYcleTrader), no fees, just + taxes (maybe $100 in misc doc fees, but no freight/setup) the older AEs are sometimes a little cheaper. To make it easy for you, here is the search link

https://www.cycletrader.com/find/search-res...:ASC/Radius-any

when searching, be sure to search for FJR, FJR1300, and FJR1300a (and ae if desired) - you'll sometimes get different results

replace zip code with yours and change year if you wish to include '07s

then edit search from Keyword-fjr to Keyword-fjr1300, etc

For an '07 with 0 miles - maybe $10k as well?

I think $11,999 is a little high for an 07, but that's me. What people ask and what they get are two different things. Shop around.

Good luck.

Per Yamaha - For 2008, the FJR1300A gets a new ABS system, new scratch-resistant hard windshield coating, a new windshield bracket design and new grips.

For '09, reduce clutch lever effort (different spring) + I've read on this forum a few color changes (read a few extra items color black)

I just bought (last Fri) an '08 FJR1300a with 8k miles (factory sales rep bike) with full 12 month new factory warranty for $10k+taxes (this being in CA where they tend to charge a bit more)

During my search, I've saw a number of brand new '08s for $11k (listed in CYcleTrader), no fees, just + taxes (maybe $100 in misc doc fees, but no freight/setup) the older AEs are sometimes a little cheaper. To make it easy for you, here is the search link

when searching, be sure to search for FJR, FJR1300, and FJR1300a (and ae if desired) - you'll sometimes get different results

He wanted info on AE's, not A's

From Yamaha:

"# For 2008, the FJR1300AE gets a new ABS system, new scratch-resistant hard windshield coating, a new windshield bracket design, new grips, new clutch and transmission design and refined electric-shift lever design for even more convenience."

Only color choices for AE's is different shades of silver/grey, depending on year.....

Actually, the original post was

I'm not real sure the AE would be my first choice, but this seems like a good price, and maybe I could learn to like being "clutch less" (better than clue less).
So I provided info on what I knew to be changes in model year. It was helpfult to provide the additional info on the AE.

My point would be that you can get an older model A or AE for the same price. Don't get an AE just becuase its cheaper (it isn't - though the AE may be all that is left in many shops)

Per Yamaha - For 2008, the FJR1300A gets a new ABS system, new scratch-resistant hard windshield coating, a new windshield bracket design and new grips.

Lawrence,

Thanks to you and others for all the excellent information. I didn't know about all the changes that occurred between 07 and 09. (I did know about the reduced effort clutch spring on the '09 A's).

I will look at the info. on Cycle trader, and Heinen's, and perhaps approach the local dealer for a more reasonable price.

Thanks again for everybody's help!

Bob