I've done it

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here, I think Yamaha tries to off load old stock before releasing the new bikes.

I wouldn't blame the dealers not knowing too much, Mr Yamaha here in Australia told me fibs.

I was happy to order the A, then the dealer automatically updated my order for a AEE but told Mr Yamaha that I bought an RT instead lol.

Be good to hear your impressions.

Last edited by a moderator:
If that all black was available here I would be trading. I still love my 06 blue but that black is awesome.

I think with the 2013 models there was a trade off. You guys got the liners but didn't get the rubber flap in front of the back wheel. I'd say as far as cost goes you won.

Gazza

Gazza,

Your new ride looks great. I would not accept the dealer telling you the bag liners are not included. Send an email to Yamaha in Japan and explain this not a good business decision as the FJR's in other countries come with liners as a standard item. At least you will find out if the dealer(s) are telling you the truth or selling the liners as an added profit item. Are the Australian FJR's coming in with liners included?

Are you on the North or South Island? I toured NZ in the early 90's and really enjoyed the people and countryside. As I recall, the south island provides better twisties to challenge the FJR. I recall having to stop on occasion while the dogs herded the sheep to the side of the road.

Enjoy your new bike!! Ride safe.

Art

Hi Art,

I am mid North Is and yes flocks of sheep on the road are quite common here at different times of the year.

Regards

Gazza

Latest posts