I've Got Stones...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old Pilot

Reaction score
Kidney stones. :(

Had labs & imaging done today. Am on antibiotics & pain meds.

Already nixed the camping plans & have motels lined up, just hope this curse resolves so I can still make it.

Drink your water and stay upright. YES, STAY UPRIGHT! Walking around with a bit of mild torso movement can facilitate passing those evil suckers. Go for a walk with a bottle of water. Try some ginger for nausea if the doc didn't give you anything for the possible nausea associated pain.

Drink your water and stay upright. YES, STAY UPRIGHT! Walking around with a bit of mild torso movement can facilitate passing those evil suckers. Go for a walk with a bottle of water. Try some ginger for nausea if the doc didn't give you anything for the possible nausea associated pain.
Thanks for the tips, will try them. No, doc gave me nothing for the nasty nausea.

If the pain gets really bad don't wait: Go to the ED. The pain from renal calculi can be fatal from the person going into shock (think having a baby with a spiked helmet). Hopefully, like the three times I've had them, you'll pass the suckers. Drink lots of water.

Been there, done that. My condolences.

Drink lots of water and cranberry juice (helps combat urinary infections) if you can stomach it. I had them about 15 years ago and managed to pass them. To this day I still pass little nuggets occasionally.

Been there, done that, next time I'm gonna jump off a bridge. Definitly stay upright and move a lot-mow the lawn , split wood, take a hike and drink a lot [beer is good]. Took me 5 days to get rid of it-I actually felt the little bastard go thru and it was over in a minute. The best to you!

I am genetically predisposed to make stones (from both parents's sides) - about every three to five years or so. There's nothing quite like it. I nearly passed out from the first one back in college (hyperventilating, tunnel vision, room started going dark etc). The weird part was that it started out as massive back-pain, but that slowly got worse as it moved through my system and into the more sensitive areas.

Now it's only the excruciating pain, I've figured out how to stay conscious.

Drink, drink, drink - and not just now, but increase your intake everyday for the rest of your life. You should be peeing like a racehorse.

Are you using a strainer so you can keep your souvenir and get it analyzed? Most likely calcium oxalate.

It's sort of like childbirth, but all you get is a rock (Charlie Brown reference).

Last edited by a moderator:
3x survivor here myself.

The above advice is good. Keep upright, drink lots of *insert fluid here* and if the pain goes over the top, call your Doc or head down to the ER.

I haven't had one go "tink" in the bowl, but I've caught a few monsters in the paint strainer the Doc gives me.

BTDT I just hope yours pass. The one I had got stuck and couldn't be "blasted/broken up". It's no fun if they have to go get it. :eek:

Tom

Some subject, OP. While this is something I have dodged so far, I now feel like I've experienced it vicariously through the sharing of so many helpful friends. :) And yes, I know. You who HAVE experienced it will not agree.

". . . think having a baby with a spiked helmet. . . "
An eight pound, two ounce kidney stone??? :dribble:

You should switch to a dual sport Harley for a few days - the vibration might help break them up.
All fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:
And if you don't pass them ?....your local OR has laser beams and / or graspers they can put 'up there' to get 'em :devil: