July 2016 Pac Northwest Trip: Wheaton with wifey

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ummm, Ray...so yer say in we need to invade the eastern provinces as well?

Not a chance...BC is the place!
There ya have it, go west young man - go west!
coolsmiley02.gif

--G

Never fear, I agree that riding the west is best, even with less than optimal poutine. There are a couple of good roads in Quebec, but no comparison to BC.

How was the Parkway?
Awesome, jaw-dropping, spectacular...

It's one of those rides that exceeds all expectations.

Tomorrow, we are transitioning back to the Okanagan, before heading to Pemberton Thursday.

Hopefully, Dave and Sylvia will open the door when we knock.
smile.png
Wheatie, I hope you picked up 93 south after leaving Lake Louise....IMHO one of the most breathtaking rides I ever took.

How was the Parkway?
Awesome, jaw-dropping, spectacular...

It's one of those rides that exceeds all expectations.

Tomorrow, we are transitioning back to the Okanagan, before heading to Pemberton Thursday.

Hopefully, Dave and Sylvia will open the door when we knock.
smile.png
Wheatie, I hope you picked up 93 south after leaving Lake Louise....IMHO one of the most breathtaking rides I ever took.
Isn't 93 a hoot, first time I rode it the rain was real bad and it was still pretty. The second was following Hudson we didn't waste much time as Hudson's pace was blistering and we sure did smile and giggle a lot! That is a nice piece of asphalt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a nice ride today to Pemberton. I liked it all, especially west of Cache Creek. Got stopped at a construction zone...Louanne told me to roll to the front of the line. It brought a tear to my eye and a big smile. :)

PS- I will say nothing bad about the 60kph speed zone west of Lillouet for kilometers on end. I want to, but I won't. ;)

There is an implied "mph" on those 60 signs Mark - didn't you notice when I was leading earlier?!
Oh I noticed alright :)

I also didn't say that I complied either ;) ...but if you use mph instead of kph, those signs would be spot on.

I just didn't like the idea of meeting a BC cop at 40 over...but I enjoyed the roads greatly while Louanne marveled at the snow capped mountains and river. Today was one of the best days of the trip...the scenery and roads surprised me. I thought I had seen it all, but this trip keeps getting better.

Thanks Dave/FJR for leading us out the back way...great stuff.

It will be fun to see a map of your route when you get the time to share. Always fun to compare notes.

It will be fun to see a map of your route when you get the time to share. Always fun to compare notes.
Yep...it's fairly close to what I posted in my summary, just before I left for WA...but I will update in a full and probably delayed ride report...

Nice ride today Mark, followed stalked you two as I was stuck in meetings at work!

Can't wait to hear about the adventure.
bike.gif

--G

Had a nice ride today to Pemberton. I liked it all, especially west of Cache Creek. Got stopped at a construction zone...Louanne told me to roll to the front of the line. It brought a tear to my eye and a big smile. :) PS- I will say nothing bad about the 60kph speed zone west of Lillouet for kilometers on end. I want to, but I won't. ;)
NO ONE sticks to that speed limit on Duffy Lake Rd out of Lillooet. That's why it is one of the top rated rides in BC. There is narry a LEO in sight up there. Ever

Now, get back up there and do it right!

Had a nice ride today to Pemberton. I liked it all, especially west of Cache Creek. Got stopped at a construction zone...Louanne told me to roll to the front of the line. It brought a tear to my eye and a big smile. :)

PS- I will say nothing bad about the 60kph speed zone west of Lillouet for kilometers on end. I want to, but I won't. ;)
NO ONE sticks to that speed limit on Duffy Lake Rd out of Lillooet. That's why it is one of the top rated rides in BC. There is narry a LEO in sight up there. Ever
Now, get back up there and do it right!
Thanks barb, but I did do it right the first time... If not, I would love to do it again...but, the hour glass has been busy and the sands of time are all about cast on this trip.
Duty awaits, as I must report back to my tabbacky chewin superiors at fort everwhichaway. They have been waiting to find out how you pronounce kilometer, Nakusp, and about...so we can blend in with the locals during the counterstrike against Billy Ray's Polish Legion.

Today we left Pemberton for locations south. Ride along the Sound/Bay was beautiful. The PNWers gave us a parting meal with lots of good food, fun stories, and great friendship. Thanks to George and the gang!

Tomorrow, time with family in Seattle then jet home on Monday.

This trip is about over, but maybe with some photos I can scrounge up a ride report.

Latest posts