July 2016 Pac Northwest Trip: Wheaton with wifey

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^ Like ^^^
**LIKE**
rolleyes.gif

--G
Ditto!

I'll be meeting up with Ray tomorrow to plan our counter-counter strike. Looking forward to a proper ride report.

Just catching up with this thread. Tons of good stuff here, man.

Looking so forward to the ride report, and perhaps more importantly, to the days when I can take off for month's adventure.

(add at least a week in lieu of shipping the bike)

The PNWers gave us a parting meal with lots of good food, fun stories, and great friendship. Thanks to George and the gang!
--G and Jill put on one heck of a good feed.

I thought I did good with all of my cookies but Doctor Rich one upped me. Catch them in the morning, eat them in the afternoon.

13709925_10154391629669628_6619179774418371831_n.jpg

Mark and Louanne, twas a pleasure. Safe travels going home.

...all I ended up with is a dirty-azz '13 FJR sitting in my garage.
no.gif

Mark made me promise not to wash it before I deliver it to the dealer Tuesday for shipping back east. Dunno if I can stand it that long...we'll see!

Looking forward to seeing pics and hearing all about the adventure!
bike.gif

--G

George was our very hospitable host and concierge for this trip...as were many others. Any who met Louanne could clearly see that I married up.

Spent the day with my niece, her husband, their two daughters and my brother who came in from Pullman to see me and his daughter's family. Very good end of a very good trip.

Thanks to all y'all for yer hospitality...really incredible people and great scenery and some twisty roads to boot. I obviously did not break the speed limit, no tickets or confiscations.

I'll try to start the slow developing RR next Saturday. I'm sure work will be killer this week. Flying out of SeaTac at 6:25. Pieman, will you need a wake-up text? I think the alarm sounds at 4am.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking forward to that RR Wheatie! The Great White North Liberation Army was following along keeping an eye on you......... BTW, there's a whole other world to explore in the PNW, but that's for another day. I'm gonna guess that by the time your bike makes it home, it will be shining. G is something else, eh!, as are all those PNW folks.

...all I ended up with is a dirty-azz '13 FJR sitting in my garage. :no:
Mark made me promise not to wash it before I deliver it to the dealer Tuesday for shipping back east. Dunno if I can stand it that long...we'll see!

Looking forward to seeing pics and hearing all about the adventure! :bike:

--G
That bike better be dirty when it comes off the truck. That dirt was collected for analysis at Goober Central. We are still trying to figure out why Canadians talk funny and this could be critical to our research.

Take off in 5mins eh!

This should make for an epic RR. I hope you are taking lots of pictures. Would love to see those smiles and those vistas, and hear about it all.

Continued safe travels! :)

Got both feet back on the ground here in Travelers Rest, SC.

We made two passes at the landing over in Pixley Regional. The pilot came on and said some mumbo jumbo, but I think Gomer wrenched the controls out of Barney's hands and they had a hissy fit till Andy brought it down.

Either that or ole beemerdons up there was reminding me that it ain't over until it's over.

Photos and RR to follow in a few days...I'm still on Pemberton time.

Glad you're home safe at Goober Central Mark.
In the interest of science I'll leave the scoot dirty...yerkillinmeman!!

--G
Gee perhaps I could leave my bike at --G's for a few days.

If Wheatie's bike makes it home dirty it will be a frigging miracle.

I'm sorting through hundreds of photos, winnowing them down. Once I have that done, I'll see if I can remember anything note worthy to say.

Glad you're home safely. Pictures? Where are your priorities, man? You've been home a week.

Glad you're home safely. Pictures? Where are your priorities, man? You've been home a week.
Yeah...I guess I could do a one post RR with a simple link to photopuckey. Is that what yer lookin' for? Is that what you want?

Been gone for two and a half weeks so of course there is nothing to do at work, have out of town company, all this week so yes, my first priority is the RR.
biggrin.png

Actually, I've been sorting hundreds of pictures from three different cameras...trying to whittle it down to a manageable amount...have two days left to sort. Once that is done, I will start on text.

Please don't turn this into an assignment with deadlines!
biggrin.png
I hate deadlines and I hate writing.

smile.png

The RR will get here by Christmas for sure.

+1, gunny, like, etc, etc, etc.

========================================================

instead, I got this:

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Mark - back in the day when I actually rode and went on such adventures, I avoided doing RRs by pointing to the likes of O'Vale, Sam, Tyler, OM, GeorgiaRoller and the rest of the truly proficient photogs and chroniclers on the site. "Ain't no way I can do justice to a RR when that is the bar that has been set," I would say.

Now, while that comparison was certainly true, the real reason was the amount of post-tour work that would help my lazy ass avoid.

JSNS :rolleyes: