July 24 SW Wisconsin day ride-meet up in Dodgeville

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some great old favorites/verses the great unknown......................Oh well, ypu guys are going to have a ton of fun. be safe.

Can you save the routes and do it again in September, Wheatie.
You be safe Karl...I wish I was riding with you to Eureka...I am so jealous of that ride/adventure you are about to embark on.

Routes are definitely saved...hopefully I can do it again in the fall...I usually do it in the fall, but my year has been so bereft of riding, I couldn't wait until then. If people chime in that they like this route, maybe we'll do a redux.

It's gonna be hard though, as I have to get a SE Ohio Ramble and a Hooterville (Missouri area) ride in as well sometime this fall, if I can squeeze it in.

Looks like a fun afternoon :yahoo:
Unfortunately myself, DaJuice, Behmer, stryg8r and Rick will be touring the Iron Range on our Dirt Diggers :clapping:

A fall ride would be cool, the apple orchids are open then :dribble: Fresh apple crisp :dribble: :yahoo:
Looks like you guys will have fun as well! Tell Derek, Rick and the others I say "Hi".

Maybe a fall ride will happen...mmmm warm Apple Crisp and vanilla ice cream mmmm.... :)

Up and ready this morning to meet the guys in Belvidere but just got turned around by extremely poor conditions near my home this AM. Very disappointed I won't be meeting everyone since radar doesn't seem to show any terrible weather in Dodgeville today. Sorry I'm gonna miss it, guys. :(
I got up as well, and couldn't get to the NS tollway due to flooding and roads closed...I tried to go west to rt 59 and I went through an unmarked water crossing on Roosevelt Road that I couldn't see with all the rain...and that scared the bejesus out of me. I decided for safety sake to head back to the barn...

...this is a first time for me.

Murph and I went through lots of water (6-inch overnight rain) on the way down to AR last fall so water doesn't usually take us out.

You boys up in Cheeseland be very carefull with the conditions...

Glub, glub. Got to the Belvidere Oasis a drowned rat. Still had a hundred miles to Dodgeville through more BS. Couldn't get motivated ride through that sh%^, so chilled out at the McDonald's for a while and took a leisurely ride back. Sorry guys in Dodgeville. Hope the weather was better up there - Wheaton said it was. Oh well, there's always a next time. And Gramps - I rode the FJR thankfully. I would have drowned on the Sprint.

Well that just sucks, I know July is all about hot and humid, but all this thunder and lighting just blows.

Glub, glub. Got to the Belvidere Oasis a drowned rat. Still had a hundred miles to Dodgeville through more BS. Couldn't get motivated ride through that sh%^, so chilled out at the McDonald's for a while and took a leisurely ride back. Sorry guys in Dodgeville. Hope the weather was better up there - Wheaton said it was. Oh well, there's always a next time. And Gramps - I rode the FJR thankfully. I would have drowned on the Sprint.
Yeah we saw what you guys had to get through. Not surprised at all that you couldn't make it. Just glad nobody was hurt & made it back home.

Next time...

Wheaton had about 7-inches of rain...the rain was coming down about 1-2 inches per hour. I rode about 10 miles trying to find a safe way out of Wheaton...I probably could have, but the unexpected water crossings spooked me. It's hard to see the road, when the rain is coming down that hard.

Kudos to griff, who probably road 250+ miles most in monsoon conditions that day.

I was about an hour behind the rear edge of the rain, so I rode wet roads most of the morning, but no real rain. Left Rochester at 5:10 AM, not knowing how long it was going to take. Turns out, I should have slowed down, as I made it to Dodeville about 9:05 or so. Would have been there 10 minutes earlier except for an unexpected performance award about 5 miles outside of Dodgeville. On County Q, about 3 or 4 miles north of the intersection with Hwy 18. Nice, curvy road through the woods and hills, except for a county deputy in a Crown Vic. Got me for 77 in a 55 ($225.70 US, 6 points against my license). Rats. First ticket in 22 years, and first on a motorcycle, after 32 years of riding. Guess I had it coming. Got home Saturday afternoon around 4:10 PM. 431 miles total for the day.

It was nice to meet Marc, Chris, Rod, and Amy. Nice to ride with people with good skills and decent judgement. Hope all of you made it home safe and happy. Thanks for letting me ride with you.

Scott

P.S. --- Marc and Chris, sometime we'll get together, and you can bring Joe along, and I'll take you to a lunch spot where there's pickled eggs and pickled turkey gizzards behind the bar.......(other good food, too)