Just took the plunge.......

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone..Just heard from the dealer that I was approved for Financing...Tomorrow I'll find out the rate to see if Im taking it or if I'm shopping around for the loan :)

I'm just hopin I like her at least as much as I liked my beloved Connie...

Take their financing and then you have a few months to find better some wheres else. The credit union I got my loan through treated it like a new bike loan 4 months after I picked up the bike with the yamaha loan. Got a cut from 6 percent to 4.5 percent.

Well, it's official, 2 hours ago i put a deposit down on an 09 FJR13A. The dealer is willing to let me test ride it before I sign the final paperwork, but if I like it and the financing isn't a problem then I will bring her home Saturday...

Get the financing fixed before you ride the bike. After you've ridden it once, you'll be hooked.

You need to put up some photos the day you buy it. I never get tired of looking at the smiles this bike brings.

Mcgyver74

Congratulations on taking the plunge. You're getting a fine steed there.

Since you are financing, consider throwing in a new helmet in the mix, it will just add a couple of dollars to the monthly cost.

Just a thought. :rolleyes:

Brodie

LOL I've already started the list...
So far I need to get....

Taller Windshield...

Bar Risers

Mount for my Givi bag

Russel Seat

Anything else anyone can reccomend? :)
Congrats... this bike does it all. Per your question above, I would wait on any ergonomic farkles just yet... (W/S, risers, seat) until you ride it a while. Let your body get used to the riding position first... mi dos centavos.

I just took ownership of a new '09 less than two weeks ago. I'm at a little over 1,000 miles and can't WAIT to get on it again. I don't know how you have been sleeping. My dealer was able to get one overnight but I barely slept that night.

Good luck with the purchase and be safe!

Sleep? What is this thing you speak of? :)

Well, it's supposed to rain like crazy tomorrow, so I don't know how much riding i"ll get in...but at least she'll be home :)

That's OK, McG.

There's a mandatory period of excessive polishing and cleaning, and premature maintenance that you'll need to get through anyway. You'll get over that period fast, and a little rain won't interfere with that stuff. ;)

Oh and the ogling. Never get over that though...

Ride safe, bud.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a few strips of the 2 inch wide "black" Scotchlite on Ebay for just a few dollars ($4, and the guy threw in a few strips of other scotchlite just to be nice), cut to fit the back of the sidecase, used my wife's "photo corner-rounder" to dress 'em up. Not a true custom fit but pretty good for little cost.

Does anyone make a set of tail brights for the Feejer?
Similar to this.... https://bucksporttouring.com/tailbrights.html