K&N-148 oil filter leak

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the mystery is solved. I did take pictures. Just don't have them to the bucket yet. No need, though. The box says K&N-148, but the FILTER SAYS.....K&N-198! I bought it from Amazon. I even checked my order to make sure it was a 148. Amazon owes me a filter!There is now new oil and a Yamaha filter on it now.

Oops. That sucks. If your bike is gonna continue to leak oil, let me know. I'll buy some doggie pads and kitty litter before you get here. Lol...

Well the mystery is solved. I did take pictures. Just don't have them to the bucket yet. No need, though. The box says K&N-148, but the FILTER SAYS.....K&N-198! I bought it from Amazon. I even checked my order to make sure it was a 148. Amazon owes me a filter!There is now new oil and a Yamaha filter on it now.
You changed oil because it was time/milage wise to do so...right? Not because you had to change the filter
no.gif

No. He changed the oil and had a leak. Then it sounds like he changed the oil again. I woulda drained the new oil into a clean pan and just added the little bit I lost through the filter, but this is BOB we're dealing with.

He's 'special'.

No. He changed the oil and had a leak. Then it sounds like he changed the oil again. I woulda drained the new oil into a clean pan and just added the little bit I lost through the filter, but this is BOB we're dealing with.
He's 'special'.
Hey asshole!
fuck.gif
I wasn't going to all that trouble. I am going to recoup my oil cost from the outfit that I bought the filter from.

You could have just laid the bike on the right side and taken the filter off, without losing any oil :lol: