Kouba links dimension

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richsp51

Reaction score
I have a 2007 (GEN II). I'm considering Kouba links as well as Soupy's adjustable links. I can't find any specification on the bolt hole center to center spacing on the Kouba links.

I tried contacting Kouba directly, but have not heard back.

Can one of you out there that has Kouba links on a GEN II please tell me the hole spacing? If I get the Soupy's adjustable links I'd like to set the length somewhat shorter the the Kouba links as I want to lower the seat height only between 5/8 and 3/4 inch, not the 7/8 that the Kouba links achieve.

Thanks

Use the soupys the kouba lower it to much with wife 130 lbs bottoms out on big bumps you can tune the soupys the way you like them.

I have a 2007 (GEN II). I'm considering Kouba links as well as Soupy's adjustable links. I can't find any specification on the bolt hole center to center spacing on the Kouba links.I tried contacting Kouba directly, but have not heard back.

Can one of you out there that has Kouba links on a GEN II please tell me the hole spacing? If I get the Soupy's adjustable links I'd like to set the length somewhat shorter the the Kouba links as I want to lower the seat height only between 5/8 and 3/4 inch, not the 7/8 that the Kouba links achieve.

Thanks
I'll see if I can find my (now unused) links in the garage and measure them.

I get 7 and 7/8 inches, center to center.
Chris, thank you, I appreciate it!

Interesting to note on the Soupy's website it says " **Note** On the 2nd generation FJR1300 we are seeing that Yamaha used different diameter link mounting bolts on some bikes. We do not know the reason for this. Our lowering links for that bike will ship with 10mm holes "

I sent them an email (and posted on their message board) the following as yet unanswered question:

Short of disassembling prior to ordering, is there another way to determine this? Mine is a 2007 FJR1300A manufactured 2/07.

There is no mention of this on the KoubaLinks website of differing mounting bolt diameters. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Latest posts