Leaf Peeping 2013

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be in New York (Finger Lakes) 10/2-10/6. So pick a date, and I'll see if I can make it.
Sounds familiar.

Not to skyjack this thread but PM me if your biking here... we'll hook up!
Nope...driving the car up. Can't fit all the cases of wine that she'll buy on the bike.

Now to keep this on track...Bob the cigar shop job pays for tires and service on the bike. For some reason I got stuck with closing Tuesdays & Fridays for September & October.

You don't really want me to bring her, for a weekend of riding.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol Bob!

Joe, love to meet your better half sometime.

PS... just canceled @ Four Seasons...

I'll be suite-ing it with the Blanchards @ OCI.

lol Bob.

So, if anyone is on the fence about this trip, make a reservation. Their cancellation policy isn't anywhere near as generous as the Four Seasons Lodge. I think that you have to cancel 7 days out in order to receive a full refund... but they fill the hell up fairly quickly. I'd think that you'd know if you were coming with us by 7 days out, too.

I cannot wait. This is hands down, my favorite trip of the year.

My wife and I will be just a week ahead of your fall leaf peeping trip. We plan to get into Beckley this Thursday evening and ride around New River Gorge Friday the 11th. We'll head across 39 and 150 to go up 219 Saturday before heading back through OH on Sunday. I doubt I'll get to post any pics before you guys go on your trip, so we'll have to compare ride reports afterward. Hope you guys keep the good weather it looks like we are going to get.

Have fun!

Paul

My wife and I will be just a week ahead of your fall leaf peeping trip. We plan to get into Beckley this Thursday evening and ride around New River Gorge Friday the 11th. We'll head across 39 and 150 to go up 219 Saturday before heading back through OH on Sunday. I doubt I'll get to post any pics before you guys go on your trip, so we'll have to compare ride reports afterward. Hope you guys keep the good weather it looks like we are going to get.
Have fun!

Paul
We were going to ride around New River and Fayettesville, but found out that the annual bridge day is the 19th. If you are near Fayetteville for lunch try Pies and Pints. Excellent hand crafted pizzas.

Hey, last call for anyone that wants to join. If there is no more room @ the Old Clark, Marlinton Motor Inn will make a good place to stay.

There are several of us meeting @ 10:00 am on Friday morning right off of exit 159 (I-64 exit). If any interest, be in touch for more details.

OMFG --- This sounds like a "tuna fish" thread.
fool.gif