Leaf Peeping 2014

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you are alright minus the broken leg injury to your wife, and ATGATT kept the skin and other stuff where it's supposed to be. Bikes can be replaced as said. Gravel in turns sure sucks especailly when they are in a blind turn and you have no prep time. You sound in good spirits, thanks for sharing and hope you both get back on the road soon!

I still feel bad that your wife got a broken leg out of the deal. She sounds like a tough one.

Not a cabin pussy in my book, no matter where she sleeps!

Sorry about your misfortune! :(

Eight weeks off her leg is tough but could have been worse. Sending positive prayer from the left coast. The rest of you peepers be sure to post up some pics.

This looks like fun - I may be in but won't know until this Sun for sure. Anyone interested in room sharing?

Can't go (again!). So sad about that--but it's the Richmond Oktoberfest weekend, and also my wife's birthday. Keep doing this stuff, though. I'll see ya's there...someday. I did have fun at EOM this year (first timer).

Sorry to hear, Joe. We do this leaf peeping thing every year. I know personally, I've been doing it since about '07ish.

You were @ EOM & didn't introduce yourself? Shame on you!

Hey folks, I've had something unforeseen come up. Gonna need to bail on this trip. Sorry.

Heidi, sounds like this weekend is a non-starter. No problem,

I'm not 100% sure I can make it myself.

We'll get together some other time. Soon I hope.

I'm hoping to wander up to the hills for a day instead of the entire weekend. Guess we'll need to consider riding some other time, eh?

There are a couple of folks who had committed to go. I Think Navarre (Fixedblade) & his brother Gary (vabikebreaker). I'd suggest that if your interested in riding, contact them. I haven't really heard from anyone.

Well, I'm still up for a ride, at least on Saturday, and would like to hear from anyone who still wants to go. I've got to go out to Sugar Tree Country Store for some more maple syrup, so I'm looking at going out Route 250 from Staunton to WV, north on 219 and back east on 33. After that it will depend on time and weather if I hit the BRP or 81 home, or some other route if suggested.