Lee Parks' Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkooterG

Purveyor of Crooked Facts
Reaction score
Fellow Arizona FJR bretheren..............

I just completed signing up for the Lee Parks' Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic which will be held May 5th in Gilbert at T.E.A.M. Arizona's facilities.

I have been wanting to take some kind of advanced rider training for a while now. A long time ago, some wise rider posted that in regards to all the $$$ we spend on farkles, you will get the most benefit from those $$$$ when spent on advanced rider training.

I thought that was excellent advice at the time, and don't know why it has taken me so long to follow it.

Anywho, several forum members have taken the Lee Parks class and had excellent things to say about it. So git off yer duff, and come out and join me. I am confindent in saying you will not regret it.

Act fast, as the classed fill early. There are also clinics on March 31, and April 2, but both of those are full. And from the Lee Parks website, after the May class they don't return until September.

For more info: Lee Parks website and T.E.A.M. Arizona website

I just completed signing up for the Lee Parks' Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic which will be held May 5th in Gilbert at T.E.A.M. Arizona's facilities.
I have been wanting to take some kind of advanced rider training for a while now.
great opportunity for those that can make it. I wish that I could. I too have heard good things about it and hope to get one in this season. Wish I didn't have other commitments this weekend. Look forward to hearing of your experience ........

Hey SkooterG,

Do you have any idea if/how they compensate for us "clutch-free" folk? :yahoo:

I am definitely interested....

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, that's a damned good question. I have no idea. I would call the phone # on Lee Parks' website and ask him. Hope you can make it - it would be nice to have a few fellow FJR brothers there.

BTW, I called them back to ask about openings they have left. They told me classes are "usually no more than 6 students" - a good thing IMHO, and that they still had 4 openings left.

You know, that's a damned good question. I have no idea. I would call the phone # on Lee Parks' website and ask him. Hope you can make it - it would be nice to have a few fellow FJR brothers there.

BTW, I called them back to ask about openings they have left. They told me classes are "usually no more than 6 students" - a good thing IMHO, and that they still had 4 openings left.
Scoot I got the last spot on May 5th so I'll see you there!

Ron

Scoot I got the last spot on May 5th so I'll see you there!Ron
Schweet!

My lowly 95k FJR will bow down in reverence to your 100k+ Master. Wow, will have about 200,000 miles on FJRs between us. Looking forward to seeing you there.

Fellow Arizona FJR bretheren..............

I have been wanting to take some kind of advanced rider training for a while now.
[SIZE=14pt]maybe ol scoot is gonna take off his training wheels!![/SIZE]
YamahaTTR-50_A.jpg

A long time ago, some wise rider posted that in regards to all the $$$ we spend on farkles, you will get the most benefit from those $$$$ when spent on advanced rider training.

I thought that was excellent advice at the time, and don't know why it has taken me so long to follow it.

Anywho, several forum members have taken the Lee Parks class and had excellent things to say about it. So git off yer duff, and come out and join me. I am confindent in saying you will not regret it.

Act fast, as the classed fill early. There are also clinics on March 31, and April 2, but both of those are full. And from the Lee Parks website, after the May class they don't return until September.

For more info: Lee Parks website and T.E.A.M. Arizona website

Well I completed the LP Total Control course Saturday and I must say Skooter did us proud! He was tops in the class!

The course was very interesting and Lee is a great teacher. Glad I took it and would recommend it to others.

My wife came along to observe and take pictures and when it was finished she told me I was a squid so I guess I must have finished near the bottom LOL. Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I completed the LP Total Control course Saturday and I must say Skooter did us proud! He was tops in the class!
YGTBFKM!! Top of the class?? He rides like a big girl!! Don't inflate his ego any more than it already is, we'll have to get the construction crews in to widen the forum. :lol:

Hey Skooter,

I was just wondering if you could comment on taking this class on an FJR? Like... How close did you come to dropping or damaging your bike? I suppose not very. While I feel very comfortable on my bike, it is the heaviest and has the highest CG of any bike I've ever owned. A little nervous about looking for my lean angle limits on my expensive (and only) bike... I've read the clinic outline and have the "Total Control" book, but of course nothings like being there. So any "real feedback" is greatly appreciated...

Right now it seems that September's class in AZ. TBD but I'm hoping to make it.

Thanks

Keone