Left leg of FirstGear HT Air 2.0 Overpants

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

otrfjr

Don't tell Mom
Reaction score
I'm hoping I'm not the only one who experiences this. When I wear the FirstGear overpants with my Teknic boots on the FJR, the left leg inevitably creeps up over the top of the boot (which has a relatively short shank). Just the left leg, not the right. I've tried to figure out why this is happening, but the only guesstimate that remotely explains it is that maneuvering the left foot under the shifter allows the left leg of the pants to work its way up and over the top of the boot. In cooler/cold weather, commuting becomes a pain in the left ass shin.

Anyone else have this happen and know why?

Other, less successful conjectures include:

-the bike is out of alignment causing a massive vortex on the left side

-I have restless leg syndrome just on one side and only when I'm riding

-the wind is out of the east on the ride to work, and out of the west on the way home

-I blackout while riding, pull to the side of the freeway, and do a one-legged jig

-I have a drinking problem that I've completely blocked out and keep my hip flask in my left boot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where were you yesterday? Thats when I ordered a pair of those very same overpants. I hope your fist conclusion is wrong, but me being "not tall" maybe it won't be a problem :dribble:

I have the same First Gear over pants and I don't have the issue that your describing? Don't know what to tell you other than you might have a longer leg on that side? :rolleyes:

JW

You'd be surprised how many riders sit crooked on a bike. It just seems to be natural for them. No big deal if you're one of them.

You can buy some "garters" that clip to the bottom of the pants, go underneath your boots at the heel, and will hold the pants down.

I purposely get my pants a touch too long to prevent this problem.

You prolly "dress" left. Only you and your tailor know for sure.

Wear a cup.

It's because; 1. You work the shifter with the left leg. 2. The legs are too short.

I have the same pants and no problem. When I stand the legs drag on the ground. Motorcycle pants should be 4 inches longer than regular pants.

Phil

What happens to the knee armor while this is going on? If it becomes a thigh pad, then yeah, the pants are too short.

Standing, knee pads in overpants will probably be lower than you think they should be.

I have the same pants in a tall size and I've never experienced creep.

Andre's boot strap idea will work.

Thanks all for the replies. I think going with the tall size for the overpants is the best option (when it comes time to buy the next pair). In the interim, I will try the garter to keep the leg from creeping over the boot.

I have the same First Gear over pants and I don't have the issue that your describing? Don't know what to tell you other than you might have a longer leg on that side? :rolleyes:
JW
i don't either. sounds like you're boots are too low.
I would suspect that it may have something to do with the fact that most people use their left leg to support the bike at a standstill, which in turn causes the left pant leg to ride up. Slightly longer pants should help.