Long Beach International Motorcycle Show

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Simon! Great show!

Sat on some smaller bike options for the boys. Hard look at the Kawasaki 300cc sport bike w/available ABS!

Serious distractions at the Ducati section, Pictures might make this post NWS!

Nice seeing everyone again and meeting pcarnut (representing the San Diego crowd) and squeezer (of OC). Squeezer just squeezed into the ride as he pulled up were gearing up to leave. Fairlaners new FJR was the hit of the Starbucks parking lot.

At the show - All looked like fun new bikes in all the camps, especially those Duc's. Nothing earth shaking though.

We met a guy from the forum at the show and he was picking up his 2013 today! He had a 2003, waited 10 years for a good bike, he wanted to let the production line cull the GenII crap.

Also ran into Dean Tanji and Trent (2006FJR)

Thanks Simon! Great show!

Sat on some smaller bike options for the boys. Hard look at the Kawasaki 300cc sport bike w/available ABS!

Serious distractions at the Ducati section, Pictures might make this post NWS!
Richard - Good luck on finding a nice scoot for your boys. Those Kwak's were pretty cool.

The Ducati stable was awesome! They had some nice phillies there. Post up, the rest of the forum will love it. I'll add NWS to the start of the post.

Just got back to SD. Great to meet you Simon, and the rest of the group too, and put some faces to the names. Strange, I remember visiting the Ducati display but for some reason don't recall seeing any bikes there.
rolleyes.gif
If Ducati ever throws a party, I wanna go, these guys do it right!

Had to wait until 3:00 to get one of the last slots for a test ride on an FJR. It was worth the wait though. Really liked the bike. Very smooth, terrific throttle response, comes in very clean. Is it worth coming up with another $9k though, not so sure, have to give it some thought.

Anyway, hope you all made it home safe.

Cheers,

Roger

Glad you got to get a ride in. Squeezer and I went straight to the sign ups when we got there but the line was long and when we found out the rides were scheduled out to 3 we decided to skip it. I did notice they had 2 FJR's for the demos.

Latest posts