Long Beach International Motorcycle Show

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Understand Jill. We'll see you and Andy at R's end of the world tech day.
wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you heading to Long Beach this week, stop by the Triumph booth, where we may have the McQueen Racing customized Bonneville. This was a special project I launched with South Bay Triumph, Triumph corp, and Chad McQueen, and which I wrote up in my RR on Bonneville. Cool bike, hopefully they can fire it up and you can hear this bad boy!

For those of you heading to Long Beach this week, stop by the Triumph booth, where we may have the McQueen Racing customized Bonneville. This was a special project I launched with South Bay Triumph, Triumph corp, and Chad McQueen, and which I wrote up in my RR on Bonneville. Cool bike, hopefully they can fire it up and you can hear this bad boy!
Will you be there?

Anyone know if Yamaha will be doing demo rides for the FJR? And if so, what do you have to show up with? I assume a valid license with a m/c endorcement, helmet and gloves, anything else?

Anyone know if Yamaha will be doing demo rides for the FJR? And if so, what do you have to show up with? I assume a valid license with a m/c endorcement, helmet and gloves, anything else?
Yes Yamaha will be there and the site says they will have - 2013 FJR1300A,YZF-R1,YZF-R6,Tenere,FZ6R,FZ8. It also says Can Am, Star, and Victory will be there. Last time I did the demo rides I just needed my license, Proof of insurance, helmet, Jacket and gloves.

Keep in mind that the demo rides in Long Beach fill up really fast. If you want in you need to get there early and sign up before you even go inside. I rode the Tenere, and R1 last time and I am hoping to try the 2013 FJR this weekend.

https://www.motorcycleshows.com/demo-rides

IMS at the Long Beach Convention Center starting Friday - December 7th to Sunday the 9th.

They have a HUGE show this weekend - below is what you can expect to see in Long Beach with special appearances throughout the weekend:

USE PROMO CODE: JM2013 When you order your tickets on line! Save Money!

Ticket Link>>https://www.motorcycleshows.com/

Celebrity Appearances:

o Custom builder Roland Sands will greet fans and sign autographs, on Friday, from 6 pm to 7 pm and Saturday, from 1 pm to 2 pm, at The Podium.

o Speed TV Supercross Sideline Reporter Erin Bates, featured in this year’s Progressive International Motorcycle Shows “Human Motorcycles” ad campaign will make a special appearance

o Custom bike builder Cory Ness will do an interview and autograph session in Victory Motorcycles, on Friday, at 5:30 p.m. and Saturday, at 12 p.m. and 6 p.m. Additionally, Arlen Ness and Cory Ness will appear in Allstate, on Saturday, from 12 pm to 2 pm

o Actor Keegan Allen from ABC Family’s hit show Pretty Little Liars will appear at the Harley-Davidson booth, on Friday, from 6 pm to 7 pm

o Actor and motorcycle rider R. Lee Ermey, best known for his role in the movie Full Metal Jacket and on the History Channel’s Mail Call will sign autographs in Victory Motorcycles, on Friday, from 7 pm to 8 pm and Saturday, from 10 am to 11 am, 2 pm to 3 pm and 7 pm to 8 pm

o Playboy Bunnies will greet fans in Victory Motorcycles on Friday, from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday, from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m., 4 p.m. to 5 pm and 7 pm to 8 pm

o MotoGP racer Cal Crutchlow and three-time Superbike champion pro racer Josh Hayes will greet fans in Yamaha, on Friday, from 5:30 p.m.to 6:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Josh will also appear on Saturday, from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. in Yamaha, and again at the Pit Stop Challenge, on Friday, from 6:45 p.m. to 7:15 p.m. and Saturday, from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m.

o AMA pro racer Melissa Paris will appear at the Pit Stop Challenge, on Friday, from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. Also at the Pit Stop Challenge will be AMA pro racer Javelin Broderick, on Saturday, from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday, from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.

o Shoei Helmets, in The Marketplace will host AMA pro racer Tommy Aquino, on Saturday, from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday, from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.

o AMA pro racer Chris Fillmore will greet fans at KTM, on Friday, from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday, from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.

o Land Speed Record Holder Valerie Thompson will talk to fans in BMW Motorrad throughout the weekend.

o AMA/FIM World’s Fastest Man on a Motorcycle Al Lamb – Meet bike builder and world-record holder Al Lamb and check-out the turbo-charged Honda CBR1000RR, No. 1979, that set the 2012 AMA/FIM World Record, at 262.471 mph, in the MPS1000BF class.

Features and appearances that will fill the Long Beach Convention Center with excitement throughout the weekend include:

o New Bike Debuts – Southern California motorcycle fans will get the first look at several bikes and accessories making debuts at the show from BMW, Ducati, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Indian Motorcycle, KTM, Öhlins, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Twisted Throttle, Victory Motorcycles, Zero Motorcycles, Yamaha and more.

o Ducati Fashion Show – Ducati kicks-off its wildly popular fashion show in Long Beach offering attendees an exclusive chance to see the new 2013 fashion lineup with models strutting to the coolest beats. Fashion shows will take place on Friday, at 5 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. and Saturday, at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m., at The Podium.

o XDL Street Jam Stunt Riding – Professional XDL freestyle stunt riders Nick Brocha and Aaron Twite will perform a variety of tricks and street freestyle stunts on stock motorcycles that will wow crowds throughout the weekend. Stunt shows will take place Friday at 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.; Saturday, at 11 a.m., 2 p.m., 4 p.m. and 6 p.m.; and Sunday, at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.

o Pinstriping with Skratch – Meet the legendary pinstriping artist and TLC star of Overhaulin’ who will pinstripe Bell motorcycle helmets with stylish designs in the Bell Helmet display.

IMS12BehindtheScenesHD

https://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1890623756001?bckey=AQ~~,AAABJqdXtME~,PfetNtAISd_4BrMOJ47zoQe8a7-yNkw5&bctid=1888768994001

Dave do you know if Matt is gonna be there?

R

FYI - At the Long Beach show, any rider who brings an unwrapped toy for the Victory Toys for Tots drive will receive the choice of a $5 off a ticket purchased at the gate, a free commemorative t-shirt or a $5 voucher off show apparel at the Dangerous Designs Booth .

FYI - At the Long Beach show, any rider who brings an unwrapped toy for the Victory Toys for Tots drive will receive the choice of a $5 off a ticket purchased at the gate, a free commemorative t-shirt or a $5 voucher off show apparel at the Dangerous Designs Booth .
Excellent! Thanks Dan! I posted this into the OP.

Squeezer - I was going to be a huge smart arse (totally out of character for me BTW) to your silly question, but when I went back to the OP I noticed another new feature with our new board. The old forum board had a line under the titles in smaller font, etc. I had the date and time in that line. Now that you mentioned it, I went back and looked and that little line is gone!

I updated the OP with the day/date.

Thanks

Oh, go ahead and do the smartass thing on the assumption I'd have missed it anyway.

I actually won't know until tonight sometime if I can go Saturday or Sunday, but odds are I'll meet you at the Starbucks.
thumbsup.gif

Yes Yamaha will be there and the site says they will have - 2013 FJR1300A,YZF-R1,YZF-R6,Tenere,FZ6R,FZ8. It also says Can Am, Star, and Victory will be there. Last time I did the demo rides I just needed my license, Proof of insurance, helmet, Jacket and gloves.

Keep in mind that the demo rides in Long Beach fill up really fast. If you want in you need to get there early and sign up before you even go inside. I rode the Tenere, and R1 last time and I am hoping to try the 2013 FJR this weekend.

Good to know, thanks! Never been to LB Convention Center, any chance you know where the sign ups are outside? I would have gone inside.

Good to know, thanks! Never been to LB Convention Center, any chance you know where the sign ups are outside? I would have gone inside.
Look for the big Semi's out on the parking lot, you wont miss them. You want the one that says YAMAHA
sarcasm.gif

Dave do you know if Matt is gonna be there?

R
Yes, he should. With a special guest, too...