Looking for information

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skant153

Reaction score
about a year ago i had an war injury and lost the use of my left foot. i've recently started looking for a honda with a dct when someone told me the FJR had, at one point, a push button shifting system.

does anyone know the years and model that had this option in the us, if it existed?

Welcome to the forum...

FJR1300AE had the automatic clutch (paddle shifter). In the North American market, it was available in the 2006 to 2009 model years.
Regular model was the FJR1300A for all Gen II.

about a year ago i had an war injury and lost the use of my left foot. i've recently started looking for a honda with a dct when someone told me the FJR had, at one point, a push button shifting system.

does anyone know the years and model that had this option in the us, if it existed?
I had an 06AE and it worked really well.

Welcome to the forum,
I had a 2007 AE and the shifts were lightening fast and very reliable. The one thing I didn't like was doing a slow speed u turn. Without a clutch to feather I found it a little difficult. Doable but difficult.
Good luck.

I got an '06 AE in the spring of 2019 actually in spite of the eclutch because of the condition and price. I agree that there are occasionally situations that would be a little easier being able to feather the clutch but there's really nothing that it can't do in that regard. On the other hand, it is pleasant to be able to downshift with your thumb as you come up to light, put both hands in you lap when you've come to a stop and then be able to take off when the light turns green with a twist of the throttle.

19, 4-23.jpg